“Never had anything but Excellence here”

Talisman Hotel, Restaurant and Garden Bar
Reserve a table
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Katikati
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Talisman Hotel Gardern Bar and Bistro has been providing hospitality,friendship and entertainment to locals and visitors for over 130 years Call in today and be welcomed by our friendly staff and enjoy a beverage in the public bar, Dine in the beautiful restaurant or relax in the Garden Bar under our amazing avocado tree. The Talisman is proud to be owner operated and working closely with our large team.
Reviewed 29 March 2021

Went last night... service excellent as always, and the food was 10/10. I had what must have been as good a scallopss dish as I've ever had, possibly the best.. THen truly the BEST duck hind-quater I have ever eaten, and I eat duck at every opportunity. My wife had the humble olf Chicken Burger.. how the heck do you do an excellent chicken burger? Well, Talisman know how ! LOL... What a meal, with a bottle of Mills Reef Reserve Chardonnay very well priced... THis place is a seriously good restaurant, with a pub facade. Go there. Just Do It.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank AlainBron

Reviewed 12 March 2021

The talisman has fast become one of our favourite after gym hangouts on a Monday or Tuesday.. the service in the pub is impeccable. Can not fault it, prompt, polite, clean, warm & welcoming. The food is incredible, with plenty of incredible options to choose from. The iced chocolates are second to none! We look forward to our visit all week. See you again next week 🙂

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

Highly recommend. Staff were great and food was amazing...
I had the Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce. It was soooooo good.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

This hotel is PRIMO! Have avoided it simply because it's a hotel. The staff were lovely. Food incredible! I'm a Chef by trade. Even getting me to comment is a mission. The Beef Short rib...wow! The room, fabulous! I've stay in heaps of motels and air bnb's recently. Had a whole life of motels, etc here and Europe. For a seriously reasonable price, it's truly lovely. Tryinv organize something for son's 30th. Had heaps of his friends/ rellies turn up. Must have looked suspect but, discretion was observed and although I could have been questioned, at no point was I made to feel uncomfortable. I highly recommend. All round high quality!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 24 January 2021

My husband and I ate lunch at the Talisman while we visited Katikati. We had the ham and pinapple wood fired pizza and garlic bread and both were amazing as was the service. The next night we visited with 2 friends and the meal was equally excellent. I had the Chicken thigh (which was deboned), mash and jus and my husband had the lamb shanks - he put a butter knife into it and the meat just fell off the bone. We would definitely be back. Also a note as it is really popular it is best to book.

Date of visit: January 2021