All reviews private island pastry chef other guests outdoor shower home owners sand dollars screened porch bone fishing minute boat ride dressing area get away from it all few dozen deep sea fishing biting insects peace and quiet guest rooms snorkeling trips
Reviewed 21 February 2018

It is so incredibly hard to describe The Meridian Club in words. I wanted to try and describe my experience here so to possibly persuade others to go. It truly is the most magical place on earth.

This was my fourth time on the island. I've traveled all over the world and there's a reason I keep coming back. As soon as I arrive, I feel like I am "home".

It's a rather easy place to get to which is nice. A quick flight (3.5 hours) from NYC and you arrive to warmth and sunshine in Providenciales. It's a 20-minute taxi drive from the airport to the boat dock, and then another 20 minute or so boat ride to the wonderful island of Pine Cay.

The Meridian Club at Pine Cay consists of a clubhouse and 14 beachfront lodging options along with private homes owned by the homeowners of the island. We stayed in one of the updated, premium rooms and the change is quite lovely. You are literally steps away from the ocean. You wake up facing this amazing view and it's the most remarkable and relaxing feeling. The room has plenty of space to lounge around during the day. The outdoor shower is so refreshing after a long day in the sun.

The staff is truly just outstanding. They treat you like family and to me, they are a part of my family! Mark, West and Vanessa always greeted me with a hug and a smile. Their service is just top-notice. Bang Bang behind the bar is a treat as always. Such an amazing, funny man with a heart of gold. Shano made us some of the most amazing drinks I've ever had!! Chef Carlos.....wow! What an awesome addition to The Meridian Club. The food was stellar!! Everything was so fresh and delicious. For breakfast, you've gotta try blueberry coconut pancakes. Omg, SO good! Dinners were just outstanding! We raved about the food everyday. Tar, the pastry chef, even made a few requests that we had based upon our favorites we've had there before. She was so gracious and everything she made was devoured! I can't tell you how much I love these people. I've never experience such amazing service!

Last but not least.....THE BEACH! This is what draws you in and will keep you coming back time and time again. It is THE most gorgeous, serene, beautiful and peaceful beach on the planet. Most times, you will have this beach to yourself because it is such a secluded and private island. The softest, whitest sand and the most breathtaking crystal turquoise blue water. It's great for walking and just relaxing and reading a good book. I spend my entire vacation, lounging on the beach, reading books. The sound of the waves and the peace and quiet does something for my soul that can't be described.

My husband loves to go fishing and this is his favorite place for that. He uses one of the golf carts to cruise around to his favorite fishing holes to catch bonefish. You do have the option of taking a boat out for a private charter to go deep-sea fishing, but he'd rather go out to these little "nooks" around the island.

I can't say enough great things about The Meridian Club. It's something you have to see and experience for yourself. You will thank me once you do.

Room Tip: Love the new premium beachfront rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica O
Clara D, Guest Relations at The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you so much for your incredible review Jessica! It is such a delight for us when people write such in-depth reviews about their love for our little island paradise! Of course, we are biased, but we agree with everything you say about Pine Cay and The Meridian Club!

We are so happy that you have experienced such a great connection with our staff too and are so pleased that you love the work of Chef Carlos - we are delighted to have him on the team.

All that's perhaps left to say is... we'll see you next time!?

Warmest wishes from all of us at The Meridian Club

(and thank you so much for your personal review email too! - Clara)

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

First of all let me say this place is for people who want to disconnect, don’t care for mega hotels with five pools,seven restaurants and crowded beaches. So if that is you read no further.
But if you want a place to really get away from it all, this is it.
Meridian club is a 800 acre island. You land in Provo and a taxi takes you to the dock where a boat whisks you away to
Pine Cay in 15 mins.
For the moment they have 13 guest villas(two more under construction). The villas are a bit dated but spacious and clean. No locks on the doors....unnecessary. A screened porch that open on to a beautiful white sand beach where you have to look really hard to see another person! No fighting for lounge chairs or tiki huts. Every villa has its own with the corresponding villa number nailed to the hut! How civilized!
Food is excellent! Believe me. Tip: Lots of options....vegetarian, vegan, gluten free etc
Staff addresses you by your first name and makes you feel like they are welcoming you home.
A word of caution: sand flies. Bug spray does not seem to help with that.

The only issue we had and that is the reason for the four instead of five stars is this:
We decided to leave paradise for a day and checkout Provo so we asked reception to arrange the boat ride to and
from Provo. Everything went smoothly but when we were checking out we were charged $500.00 USD for the boat ride.
SURPRISE !!! Reception should have informed us at the time we arranged the day trip.

I would go back in a heartbeat, sandflies and all

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbugged62
Clara D, Guest Relations Manager at The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us - it is always appreciated and we are so glad that you enjoyed your recent visit.

Our classic rooms are indeed in the old Caribbean style, but our two brand new Luxury Beachfront Cottages, as well as our two newly renovated Premium Beachfront Rooms, have been designed to be the height of modern beachfront elegance. You'll find some new photos on our website and social media pages!

We were so sorry to learn of the unwelcome surprise at checkout. In addition to the many included activities, indeed, we can arrange private excursions for our guests to go deep sea fishing or scuba diving or bone fishing or to tour other islands. While those private excursions do come at an extra charge, it is our customary policy to inform guests of the charge for private excursions at the time of booking, and not have it be a surprise upon checkout as we fully appreciate that nobody wants that. A little tip for next time... we often have scheduled boats popping over to Provo so if you ask at front desk you can usually hop on a shared boat for a lower fee.

We certainly want to be able to welcome you back, so we are going to credit your account with the amount charged - something that you can put towards a future stay with us and we really hope that you can come back and see us again soon and make your stay a perfect 5* experience. Another tip from my own lessons... regularly applied coconut oil mixed with a drop of eucalyptus or peppermint will help keep those sandflies away!

With warmest wishes,
Clara

Reviewed 21 January 2018

The staff are over the top and the homeowners and guests at the hotel are friendly and welcoming. Now to the Food! Wow went for dinner for the last two nights and was very impressed. Saturday night they call " Jump Up" which is hosted around the pool overlooking their 2 mile spectacular beach. This was a special night with fresh lobster cooked to perfection on their open grill along with Prime Rib, Salads and veggies. The desert table, well I should of stayed away from that but had to go back for seconds.

If you like to Fish, the canyon is only one mile of their beach and I hear the bone fishing is also great on the back flats. Great place to walk as the island roads host no cars, only electric golf carts. Plenty of trails to hike and the island also host an open wall aquarium you can view from land. There are Kayaks you can use in the protected waters on the back flats. You can get a room or rent a home that comes with 2 golf carts. Two Hobbie Cats for sailing off the beach are free for your use. Snorkeling trips each day are included to a great reef, do not miss this opportunity.

If you like the beach, I have never seen one better in our 35 years of traveling. My wife saw only 8 people on the 2 mile beach. No big resorts to contend with, only 37 homes and 14 rooms and cottages. She loves just to walk it.

If you are looking to get away from it all. (they do have cellular and wifi) this is the place. If you happen to have a pilots license Pine Cay has their own strip that can take king airs and single turbines. 2850 foot. Clear customs in North Caicos or Provo and 5 minute flight to Pine Cay. No fuel on Pine Cay.

Give it a try i do not think you will be disappointed. If you are seeking a large resort, Go to Provo.

Room Tip: Best Cottages are Sand Dollar and Sea Biscuit but 4 new rooms are under construction
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank graham123682
Clara D, other at The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Thank you Graham, for such a wonderfully positive review! We are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay at The Meridian Club and enjoyed all the elements of your stay.

We hope you can return to us very soon!

Very best wishes,
Clara

Reviewed 10 January 2018

A wonderful two weeks spent exploring this beautiful island.I was visiting a friend so I can't speak for the rooms but the main building was built in the 70's and still boast the same charm. The upstairs lounge is where you had cocktails , Hors d'oeuvres, watched the sunset while waiting for the traditional dinner bell to ring .The dinning room was a little stuffy for me, I would have rather eaten pool side to truly enjoy the experience of the amazing tropical feel of the food .The dinner was at a set time and nothing available after that so don't have a late night hunger on .The multi coarse dinners were amazing and truly complimented the tropical feel , thank you chef David.
I truley believe people come here for solitude . The beaches are beautiful and diverse throughout the island and experiencing them is an adventure in itself .I spent a lot of time walking the beach and never a sole in sight a truly grounding experience .The water was simply perfect and I did find sand dollars at sand dollar point .I walked the beach at night in the moonlight and it was beautiful .
My stay at Pine Cay was a wonderful , if your looking for a quiet relaxing time with no bells and whistles just mother nature and a golf cart

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Clara D, Public Relations Manager at The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you Kim for taking the time to write a review, it's always so helpful for us to receive feedback from our guests. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and fully take into account all the comments that you have made. We are in the midst of making a few changes with our dining options, so hopefully the next time you return things will be even better for you! Plus of course, we'll still have our most beautiful beach!

Wishing you all the best and hope you can return to us before too long...
All of us at The Meridian Club

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We visited Meridian Club for the first time in December. The majority of the other guests during our stay were repeat visitors for many years who, unlike us, can compare "then" with "now". For us, the "now" was overall very positive. Staying here felt like being at a house party with longtime friends in a remote, placid spot. The vibe is very relaxed -- some of the other guests never wore shoes during their visit -- and consequently there's no need to pack anything particularly dressy as comfortable beachwear will suffice.

This was also our first time back to the Caribbean since the devastating September hurricanes. Fortunately, the resort itself was in fine condition and evidently was minimally affected by the storms. Some construction was going on but it was not particularly intrusive.

This tiny resort (12 rooms) is on the private island of Pine Cay which is reachable only by boat or private plane. We took the boat and would recommend the plane in the future as it would be quicker and not substantially more expensive. Meridian Club is owned by the homeowners of Pine Cay; there are a few dozen private homes on the island but most are hidden from view, and during our visit only a couple of the homeowners were present. The resort itself essentially consists of a very pretty two-story main building containing the lobby, restaurant, small gift shop, upstairs bar, commissary, and pool terrace with bar and outside dining area; to one side of the main building, the small group of one-story buildings housing the guest rooms plus one freestanding cottage at the end; and the large beach with tiki shelters, one dedicated to each guest room. The layout is quite compact so it was only a few steps from one's door to the common areas.

One of the best aspects of Meridian Club is its staff. The new manager, Steven Riely, and the new chef, Carlos Melendez, were standouts and made us feel completely welcome and valued as guests. Carlos particularly impressed us with his willingness to jump in and do whatever needed doing, from mixing our cocktails to checking out our purchases from the small commissary located in the main building. More importantly, his cooking is simply fantastic, and we really looked forward to every meal. All of the resort's staff whom we encountered, both long-time and new, were particularly accommodating and friendly.

We loved a lot of things about Meridian Club: the beautiful peaceful setting, enormous crescent of beach with almost no one in sight, superb food, and congenial fellow guests. For us it was a big plus that now every room has wifi so there is no longer any need to take one's device over to the main building for connectivity. We really enjoyed waking up and having coffee on our screened porch looking out to the ocean, then walking about a hundred feet to our private thatched tiki right at the edge of the beach. This truly is a private island -- no boaters came onto the beach and only occasionally did any sail past.

That being said, there was somewhat less privacy in our stay than we would have expected. Because everything is very close together and all of the guest rooms have shared walls, sound really travels here. A quiet cough in the adjacent room sounded as if it were in ours. The sidewalk outside our room was situated inches from our bedroom windows and anyone passing by was completely audible to us. Even the tikis dedicated to each room on the enormous beach have been placed in a tight line quite close together -- ours was at most 25 feet from its neighbors on either side -- so we felt obliged to keep our voices very low at all times so as not to disturb anyone. On the other hand, our fellow guests were extremely friendly and welcoming to newcomers, so it was very pleasant sharing tables with them at meals and getting to know them.

One other thing to know: the biting insects here seem oblivious to bug repellent. I've never had so many bites! Luckily the screened porches on the rooms are very cozy.

If you seek a lovely spot where you will dine well, make new friends, and chill out, all in all Meridian Club is a fine choice.

Room Tip: Get one with A/C.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrynMawrBK
Clara D, Director of Sales at The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your stay at Pine Cay and The Meridian Club. We are delighted that you enjoyed our stay, and enjoyed our new Chef's creations!

We always take into consideration as much as possible from our guests reviews, so we are grateful that you went into such detail. We do hope that you will return again and look forward to being able to welcome you back!

Very best regards,