1,028 results
All reviews rome airport one night outdoor pool per person flight path hotel restaurant boarding passes next morning overnight stay last night clean hotel the room was nice the bus pizza breakfast was included early morning flight long flight
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Best Western is usually a nicer than average place to stay, but not this one. There was veranda renovation above us with plaster raining down into our veranda. They moved us to a (smaller) room across the hall and there were cigarette butts on the floor of the veranda (nonsmoking room so apparently an ash tray was not provided to the previous guests).

Even though the hotel has air conditioning be aware it is not available in April! The room was stuffy and warm and maintenance had to come to get the window open for us as it was not functioning correctly. Additionally, the hotel did not have a fan we could use for sleeping with the window shut to block outside noise.
We never could find the airport shuttle to the hotel and couldn't get clear instructions on where it was. Very frustrating!
Next time I will stay at a Hilton where I can have A/C in April if I want it and the airport shuttle is free and convenient.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heymissytex
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We needed just one night before picking up a car to visit Italy. This Best Western was an excellent choice. The staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant. The room was comfortable and clean, the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was amazing. Lots of choices - bacon, sausage, eggs, ham and cheese, many fruit and juice choices, loads of pastries, coffee, etc. Our only problem was finding the shuttle at the airport. Due to construction the pickup site has been changed, BUT the directions on the automated phone message sent us to the old place. Very confusing. Took calls to the hotel to finally get correct instructions. It cost us a lot of time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

From a positive point of view I would like to say that all the staff at the hotel were lovely. Check in was fast, friendly and efficient and we had a nice meal in the hotel restaurant where staff again were great. We really appreciated that restaurant manager Amro took the time to have a chat with us - a very charming and courteous gentleman. It would be nice if lights could be dimmed a little in the restaurant during the evening to improve the ambience - the bright lighting made it feel a bit like a canteen! Breakfast was plentiful and good value for money. Based on staff performance I would have recorded a Trip Advisor score of 5 I have however recorded an overall score of 3 for the hotel based on our experience in our room. We found it incredibly hot and the air conditioning unresponsive. We had to have the large window open just to make it bearable and consequently had the noise from the flight path to contend with. Our toilet flush was very temperamental and the shower head was hanging off to one side and sprayed the bathroom with water when we first turned it on. My husband had some success trying to tighten it up which did help. Apart from the above points the room was very clean and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyHols320
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Hotel staff and location was great. Very good breakfast (5 Eur). Worst part was there was no A/C. We were told that they were not allowed to turn on the A/C this early (April). Our room was warm and stuffy. Only way that we could get any ventilation was to open our balcony door and window. This was not a good remedy as this is an Airport Hotel that is directly under the flight path of arriving and departing aircraft. We had to leave door and window open all night which left us feeling less than secure.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018

My daughters stayed here after arriving in Rome for one night to catch the train out of the Rome airport to Sorrento. One of my daughters left her passport in the hotel room and was not sure where she misplaced it. When we called the hotel, we were happy to learn that the maid staff turned it in and it was safely being kept at the front desk. We were so relieved that it had been found and we did not have to waste time (and Money) going to the embassy to replace it. Luckily we were still in Rome when we realized it was found there. We were so grateful to the staff and Monica (I believe that was her name) that retrieved the passport for us. My daughters enjoyed the accommodations. Clean hotel and close to the airport. Be aware that the shuttle from the airport is not free but much cheaper than the taxis. My girls' flight was delayed and they missed the shuttle because it stopped running at 10:30 pm. One taxi driver wanted to charge her 40 Euros because he knew their shuttle was not running. Luckily, my daughter told him to take a hike and she found another guy that transported them for 20 Euro (which is still a lot seeing that the hotel is only about 4 km away). So be aware of the scamming taxi drivers! It's like Tijuana ... you have to barter! I believe the shuttle is 6 Euro per person so they only paid 8 Euro more for the taxi. I was just grateful that they made it back safely to the hotel that night and the passport was found! Thank you Best Western! Only recommendation is to run your shuttle for 24 hours to avoid the scamming taxi drivers!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family