2,262 results
All reviews forest hills garden restaurant leisure facilities rafters bar steam room beautiful location afternoon tea main restaurant evening meal executive room both nights self catering bottle of wine waiting staff loch view leisure club short break
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Absolutely blown away with this hotel. Beautiful views across the Loch and mountains. Outstanding rooms clean and tidy exactly like the hotel pictures. The food is was excellent we stayed 4 nights in a party of four and neither of us had a bad meal. High quality spa and gym facilities which was and added bonus. My personal preference would be that it opened earlier than 8am. This a perfect hotel and location with lots of activities to do the surrounding area . We loved the Three loch drive and Queen Elizabeth forest park .

Stayed: April 2018
Andrew D, General Manager at Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thanks for the great review, we work very hard to maintain a high standard and it is very encouraging to read such good feedback. I very much hope that we will see you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to a short break in the Trossachs of Scotland. The hotel is in a beautiful location
I was given a warm welcome at reception and my room was ready.
The room was spacious but I was sorry that only water was available. No minibar.
The bathroom was ok but mould in the shower tile grouting was not good. I had a bath instead.
I had booked DBB we had a light lunch sandwich which was good.
Dinner was disappointing. The starter a prawn cocktail tasted odd very spicy. The steak was tough and tasteless and the chips burnt
The service wasn’t great either very amateurish. Also children should be limited to before 8pm. Babies crying spoiled our quiet dinner
The desert was supposed to be Black Forest but was more like a cream gateau. Looked very bought in.
Overall the hotel seemed a bit tired.
It should be a good Scottish hotel with local produce and excellent Scottish fayre

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for the review, I am sorry that you were disappointed with some elements of your stay but appreciate the feedback that you have given. I very much hope that we will have the opportunity to look after you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in one of the loveliest locations and it is beautiful inside too. The bedrooms are excellent large well furnished and fabulous bathroom.
However while location and hotel are five star the service is most definitely not. Trying to get a drink at the bar is too much like hard work everyone that serves you claims not to work in the bar and don’t know what to do.
Having to guide them through which glass to use and how to pour each drink is hard enough but heaven help you if you want a cocktail or ask what wine they have by the bottle.
Our expectations were pretty low by the time we sat down to dinner however the food was first class! If only the service was the same. I had to wander round the hotel for ten minutes looking for someone to clear our main course dishes and order a dessert.

The worst aspect of this disorganised and untrained staff is it’s costing the hotel money as they did not charge us for several items. Not sure the lovely views are enough to entice us back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kaz2y5
Andrew D, General Manager at Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thanks for the review, I am pleased that you liked the locations and the location. I'm sorry to read that you had some problems in the bar. Your feedback has been discussed at length with the team already and I appreciate the comments. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will have the chance to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Just had a lovely night away at Forest Hills at Aberfoyle. The weather was amazing so we seen this area at it's best. The room was spacious with lovely views over loch Ard and had everything we needed and was in very good condition. Food at dinner and breakfast was plentiful and tasty. Service was excellent and staff were friendly and very helpful. All in all a great night away and would recommend as we would definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks very much for the review, its great to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We work very hard to maintain a high standard and its very encouraging to read such good feedback. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope its not too long until we see you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We enjoyed our stay in this beautiful resort tucked away in Kinlochard near Glasgow. The fact that mobile and internet connectivity is very limited made this a very special holiday. All major attractions are nearby and the lodges are well appointed. There are excellent facilities, free to enjoy, and the staff have been reasonably courteous and efficient. I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Thank you for the lovely review. I'm delighted to read such great comments and I hope that we will see you again soon.