“Cheap Spa in EBOP”

Awakeri Hot Springs
Ranked #8 of 14 things to do in Whakatane
More attraction details
Owner description: Awakeri Hot Springs Holiday Park offers a range of self catering accommodation options located within a natural bush setting with the added benefit of large hot pools and private spa pools.Come for the day to enjoy our hot pools and picnic facilities or stay overnight and use our park as a base to explore the unique senic features of the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I was stoked to pay only $20 for a 30 minute private spa for two. Aaand this included my yellow E2, pineapple k bars (must get) and a bag of coconut rough! Talk about a bargy.

There were a couple of niggly bits: the spas don’t have bathroom facilities and the ceiling drops water on you but for $15, really who can complain

All reviews
"nestle"
"swim"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I have been coming here for 20 years and my family from the day this place opened. My recent visit left me feeling sad and nostalgic to see how worn out everything is. Walking into the cabins was a total time warp and had heaps of happy childhood memories rush back to me, but that didn't last long...The shower had zero pressure also two of four of our chairs were broken. There was a musty smell and some mold on the ceilings. The staff were super friendly and welcoming, however you could see they were under constance maintenance of the place. The pools and grounds are amazing and is great for families.The playground looked exactly the same, and the pool. However the rules and management has changed and obviously not been kept to standard. People eating food, smoking and drinking alcohol also playing loud music in the actually pool it self was shocking!! What made it more horrific was seeing Management/owners standing by and allowing this behavior at poolside?! Also really upsetting seeing all the stray cats!! It hurts me to write a review like this, but if the caretakers of Awakeri Hot Pools don't re-vap and change their ways, I wouldn't be surprised to see this place close. And that would be absolutely heartbreaking!!! As for generations my family have come to these pools to celebrate special times and I would love to continue this with further generations. So I am begging you please do something about the conditions of the place. What keeps me coming back is the history and the memories and to say the least I don't want to remember Awakeri Hot Pools the way they are today.

1  Thank ReneeCherie
Reviewed 10 July 2018

A good outing to keep the grandchildren amused during school holidays. They loved that, although the weather was cold, they could enjoy an outdoor swim.

1  Thank IMJ45
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at the Springs several times on a powered site. Staff very friendly and helpful but the facilities are looking very rundown. The dump station was partially blocked last visit with leaves and is poorly sited as unable to position vehicles to dump grey water tanks. The pool is lovely and always clean but the changing rooms and toilets let it down a bit.