Lowest prices for your stay
US$136
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$137
Hotels.comUS$136
TravelocityUS$136
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2020

The Landing is new and clean. The proprietors are very nice and welcoming. The bed and linen are luxurious and one of the best sleeps I've had away from home. The carpet is thick, the kitchen well equipped and the bathroom pretty much perfect. I would absolutely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank AskDrN
Reviewed 16 September 2020

Booked one night and was pleasantly surprised. The room was fabulous, very high spec and awesome pressure in shower. Quiet at night due to double glazing, one level also and parking right outside the door.
Anne is very nice and accommodating when I asked for extra tea bags.
Have just stayed in another motel in Whakatane, which was lovely, but in future The Landing will get my No 1 vote. Close to the walk along the Whakatane river. The town centre is minutes away, supermarket close by. Easy to find motel once you drive into Whakatane.
Top Class.

Room tip: Any room, I imagine they are all superb
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 15 September 2020

37 The Landing Motel has been my personal #1 motel in 2020 as my "home substitute" while working most of the year around various parts of NZ. I have stayed 2 weeks at this aesthetically pleasing, well-appointed, high quality "second home". The rooms are generously spaced, private i.e. quiet, a well-stocked kitchen; friendly hosts. I hope to be back soon.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2020 via mobile

Booked in for 1 night for my parents, my son and myself to visit a family member in hospital. The service was great. We were given a choice of 2 different rooms depending on how much space we wanted seeing as there were 4 of us. The rooms were incredibly clean and the spa bath was awesome. However on checkout I was informed that the room had only been booked for 2 adults and a child not the 3rd adult that was fine I was happy to pay the difference until I was then treated as if I had intentionally not disclosed that there were 3 adults and a child staying. The receptionists then told me there was a difference of $50 for 2 people that needed to be paid, I then questioned that as she had just told me the booking was for 2 adults and a child? I was then charged $25 for the 3rd adult which is fine I understand the difference in price but to be treated like I had tried to rip them off was a crap end to an already stressful night away at the hospital.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here after an overnight cruise out of Whakatane. This is a wonderful motel!!! Exceptional quality for the price. They also have a in-room breakfast for a very reasonable price to get your day started. Our room was very nice with a jet tub, mini kitchen, and luxuriously comfortable king bed. Owners are also wonderfully helpful. Highest rating!!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple