Open today: Closed

from US$82.38
More Info
from US$103.87
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2017

After having booked a four day holiday to New Zealand from Sydney and then seen the dismal weather forecast (except for the first day) , we rolled the dice and scored a jackpot with Coromandel Adventures.
On this memorable day, James our Scottish driver and guide shepherded us through the pristine landscape of far north Coromandel which juts out into the Pacific. We learned all about the spectacular flora and fauna and early inhabitants of the area and the more recent history of dispossession, mining and now ecological repair and regeneration. The highpoint was a self guided coastal hike around the tip of the peninsula with stunning vistas around every corner. A fitting finale was a hot cup of tea and a buiscuit in Fletcher's bay provided from the back of the van. A perfect 10 hour adventure which more than made up the days of wild storms that were to follow.

Date of experience: April 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thanks for the wonderful feedback from your time with us on the Coromandel Coastal Walkway trip! The Northern Coromandel is certainly spectacular and our team love sharing the best of it! It's great to hear that you got the most out of the day - especially given the storms that followed!

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Coromandel Adventures are a hoot of a company to explore the Coromandel Peninsula with. Sarni was brilliant at keeping in contact and kept me up to date with any changes. They constantly look at the weather and adjust the trip to give you the best experience. Sarni suggested I do the trip a day early so after staggering off the intercity bus still suffering from jet lag, they picked me up and took me to Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach. Jet lag was instantly forgotten and I had a cracking day. The driver was fun and knew his stuff but especially coped well with my terrible jokes and sarcasm.

Cathedral Cove is amazing and we had plenty of time to explore, swim and sunbathe. Hot Water Beach is very cool as well and I'm glad we chose the recommended Plan A of hanging around and jumping in an empty pool because I couldn't be bothered to dig a hole. Got dropped off at my hostel and slept like a baby.

Next morning, got picked up from the hostel by Willy and taken to the Coastal Walkway tour. The drive was brilliant, absolutely stunning views on almost every turn in the road. Willy is a great chat and so knowledgeable. I feel like I can now give a lecture on NZ geology, trees and history.

We were left to do the walk on our own which I really liked. I like having my own time to do things so the tour felt really flexible. The walk was amazing, only slightly hampered by fog so the views from the lookout were half covered. Still awesome though and looked very atmospheric. I could do that walk every day. It's a little rough on the knees but fine if you're careful. Then we ended in fletcher bay and there's time for a little paddle or a cheeky swim if you get there a bit before everyone else. I didn't think to bring my swimming gear though which was foolish.

Willy gave everyone a hot drink and biccies and I sat watching the waves. Then we jumped in the van to start the journey back to town. On the way, Willy stopped off at a part on the Coastal road which has the most amazing pohutukawa trees. We went to a gigantic one and it took every bone in my body to stop myself from jumping over the gate and climbing it. We then visited Donald Trunk, I won't say any more so as not to spoil it.

Then we stopped off at a sunset point and it would have been amazing had it not been such a cloudy day. Still great though.

Then a door to door service and back at hostel.

Top notch guys!

Date of experience: April 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Kia Ora Isabelle!
Fabulous to hear you had such a good time with the Coromandel Adventures team! We enjoyed your enthusiasm and flexibility - especially when we're trying to work around any tricky weather heading our way! Your sense of humour was a real treat and kept us enjoying a laugh as well! Remember to keep in touch with us on Facebook :) Wishing you all the best with your travels!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Willie drove us to this remote hiking track. The roads were in bad shape due to the rain and slips, so glad we got the ride and his patter.

Date of experience: March 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thanks for your review Sue!
So glad to hear you enjoyed being able to sit back and relax while Willie concentrated on getting you to and from the walkway safely! All the best for the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Fabulous trip. Our driver was so knowledgeable and made our journey special. We learnt so much about the region, it's history, culture, flora and fauna, was fantastic. The photos say it all for scenery....jaw droppingly beautiful. The walk was easy, a few steep hills but mostly a flat 3.5hr walk. There is a second 40min option after, do it, it was the highlight for us. After our walk, the day finished with a swim and a cuppa at the beach and a beautiful sunset. Perfect! Thank you James for making it special.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I have done the Coromandel Walkway which is a wonderful track and the service of Coromandel Adventures was perfect!

Date of experience: January 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thanks for the lovely feedback Brigitte - It was great to have you along!