Open today: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm

from US$81.07
More Info
from US$102.22
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Coromandel Adventures are a hoot of a company to explore the Coromandel Peninsula with. Sarni was brilliant at keeping in contact and kept me up to date with any changes. They constantly look at the weather and adjust the trip to give you the best experience. Sarni suggested I do the trip a day early so after staggering off the intercity bus still suffering from jet lag, they picked me up and took me to Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach. Jet lag was instantly forgotten and I had a cracking day. The driver was fun and knew his stuff but especially coped well with my terrible jokes and sarcasm.

Cathedral Cove is amazing and we had plenty of time to explore, swim and sunbathe. Hot Water Beach is very cool as well and I'm glad we chose the recommended Plan A of hanging around and jumping in an empty pool because I couldn't be bothered to dig a hole. Got dropped off at my hostel and slept like a baby.

Next morning, got picked up from the hostel by Willy and taken to the Coastal Walkway tour. The drive was brilliant, absolutely stunning views on almost every turn in the road. Willy is a great chat and so knowledgeable. I feel like I can now give a lecture on NZ geology, trees and history.

We were left to do the walk on our own which I really liked. I like having my own time to do things so the tour felt really flexible. The walk was amazing, only slightly hampered by fog so the views from the lookout were half covered. Still awesome though and looked very atmospheric. I could do that walk every day. It's a little rough on the knees but fine if you're careful. Then we ended in fletcher bay and there's time for a little paddle or a cheeky swim if you get there a bit before everyone else. I didn't think to bring my swimming gear though which was foolish.

Willy gave everyone a hot drink and biccies and I sat watching the waves. Then we jumped in the van to start the journey back to town. On the way, Willy stopped off at a part on the Coastal road which has the most amazing pohutukawa trees. We went to a gigantic one and it took every bone in my body to stop myself from jumping over the gate and climbing it. We then visited Donald Trunk, I won't say any more so as not to spoil it.

Then we stopped off at a sunset point and it would have been amazing had it not been such a cloudy day. Still great though.

Then a door to door service and back at hostel.

Top notch guys!

Date of experience: April 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Kia Ora Isabelle!
Fabulous to hear you had such a good time with the Coromandel Adventures team! We enjoyed your enthusiasm and flexibility - especially when we're trying to work around any tricky weather heading our way! Your sense of humour was a real treat and kept us enjoying a laugh as well! Remember to keep in touch with us on Facebook :) Wishing you all the best with your travels!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Willie drove us to this remote hiking track. The roads were in bad shape due to the rain and slips, so glad we got the ride and his patter.

Date of experience: March 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thanks for your review Sue!
So glad to hear you enjoyed being able to sit back and relax while Willie concentrated on getting you to and from the walkway safely! All the best for the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Fabulous trip. Our driver was so knowledgeable and made our journey special. We learnt so much about the region, it's history, culture, flora and fauna, was fantastic. The photos say it all for scenery....jaw droppingly beautiful. The walk was easy, a few steep hills but mostly a flat 3.5hr walk. There is a second 40min option after, do it, it was the highlight for us. After our walk, the day finished with a swim and a cuppa at the beach and a beautiful sunset. Perfect! Thank you James for making it special.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I have done the Coromandel Walkway which is a wonderful track and the service of Coromandel Adventures was perfect!

Date of experience: January 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thanks for the lovely feedback Brigitte - It was great to have you along!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We made a last minute booking for the Coastal Walk tour with Coromandel Adventures. It turned out to be a smashing success! Willie, our guide, drove and talked us up the unsealed road to Stony Bay to let us off for our independent hike of the Coastal Walk. The drive took app 2,5 hours. Last thing he did was to take a photo of us, a small group of four, for security in case anything would happen during the walk. He also did a security review.
The hike was great. Many beautiful views! We are experienced hikers and fit so it wasn't very hard. Mostly flat and a lot of shady parts. It took us 3 hours. In Fletcher Bay Willie met up with the caravan. Next stop was at The Muriwai track. We did that as well. Now we were treated with tea/coffee and a cookie. We also had time for a swim.
Willie drove and talked us back to Coromandel Town with some stops showing us special views, big trees (i.e. the New Zeeland Christmas tree) and told us facts on nature and the surroundings. We even caught the sunset. It was a full day and lasted from 10.30 am to 8.30 pm.
We had planned to do this hike on our own but if we had we would have missad the west coast of the Coromandel, a very beautiful way of closing the day. The roades are unsealed and a bit bumpy but you can do them with an ordinary car unless you have other/ special conditions in you rental car T&C's conditions.
An awesome day! Nothing could have been made better! We highly recommend Coromandel Adventures!

Date of experience: February 2017
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Kia Ora! Isn't it great when last minute plans come off so well! Thanks for your fabulous feedback from your experience with us on our Coromandel Coastal Walkway tour. I've passed your comments on to Willie who was thrilled to hear you had an awesome day and enjoyed all the special features of the trip up into the beautiful Northern Coromandel... a favourite for all of us!