“Food is sensational”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The food at this restaurant is so very, very good. The service on the night we visited left a bit to be desired but they did have a very big party in at the same time. Still, if it hadn't have been for this we would have given this restaurant a 5 star rating. The quality and taste of our meals was absolutely superb. I was also impressed with the size of the serving. A bit too big for me to finish on my own but my husband was delighted to finish what I couldn't eat.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We stopped here for breaky and it was underwhelming. Not terrible, just.. disappointing we didn't go somewhere else. I wouldn't normally bother with a review but we would have tried one of the other cafes available had it not been for the positive reviews for Umu. The eggs were overcooked with the poached eggs, and the hollandaise sauce was pretty average too (flavorless). $6 extra for salmon is also pretty rich but that was my choice to add it. The big breakfast was pretty basic too, not much effort seemed to go into it. I thought the coffee was bitter too but again that could have just been me. It just seems like they need to up the game with better ingredients and a bit more attention to the quality. Nice people though.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Enjoyed a nice roasted lamb dish and my wife enjoyed a scallop appetiser that was large enough to be her meal.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Situated in the centre of Coromandel on the Main Street, interesting menu, we ate an excellent mussel chowder and toasted BLT, a perfect lunch stop.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick lunch when passing through Coromandel township. We had the Umu Beef burger which was really stunning. Home made pattie, a really nice beetroot relish.... one of the best burgers we've had in a long time.