1,256 results
All reviews spa break hydrotherapy pool spa facilities garden lodge outdoor jacuzzi duncan's den full body massage swedish massage hot tub on arrival lovely spa deluxe room roll top bath steam room romantic break the general manager birthday treat
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Lovely place to relax and unwind. Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms and great food. One complaint is that it took me five minutes to work out how the lights worked and bed too comfortable, I nearly overslept.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
BannatyneCH, General Manager at Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Jacqueline K

Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. I am sorry you found the light controls so difficult, we will look into this.
I am not sure what to do about a bed that is too comfortable? :)

We look forward to your next stay!

Best wishes

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to stay for that moment when you just need to take time for yourself. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are all different. They have a luxury home feel to them rather than the usual corporate style. The spa is an added bonus. It's only small but it's everything you need. Once again the staff are really friendly. From asking for dry towels to discussing skin products they make you feel special.
A special mention goes to Alex. Thank you for upgrading our room. This was our second visit and both times Alex had warm greetings for us. We were interested in seeing other rooms as following our first stay we had decided we wanted to return and she took us for a tour of them. Nothing was too much trouble...she has such a warm and approachable style and is always smiling.
Thank you also to the gentleman who was on duty that night. We ran out of milk and water and even though I offered to collect it from reception he brought it to our room. It is these little added extras that make this a wonderful gem of a place to stay. We highly recommend a visit so much so that we're going back for my birthday.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Siobainn C

Thank you so much for this excellent review! We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and Alex is 'over the moon' about your feedback.

We hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Charlton for two nights following our wedding.
Everything was perfect. The staff are really friendly and welcoming, nothing is to much trouble.
The food is amazing and so much choice for breakfast.
We had some treatments in the spa during our stay and managed to have the room where we could have our treatments together which was lovely.
Would highly recommend the Charlton and we will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear GemS179

Congratulations on your wedding!!

Thank you so much for this fantastic review and we all hope to see you soon again here at Charlton House.

Best wishes

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I had booked a day spa for me and my husband while we were on holiday in Wells.
Upon arrival the receptionist of the hotel walked us personally through to the spa area. We were checked with little fuss and were soon robed up and lounging in the spa area.
The area is very small in comparison to some I have been to but this was fine by us as we are not really into saunas and the like.
There is a laconium (?) which we weren't sure what that was about as seemed to just be room temperature, the sauna is as standard and there is a scented steam room which was so eucalyptusy it made my eyes sting (I do have sensitive eyes so perhaps more a personal issue) and there are two shower facilities for hot and cold options and a crushed ice - so a well equipped area.
The hydro pool is lovely and allows the swimmer to go to the outside court area - the weather was sunny on out visit so we really appreciated this area. The hot tub is also situated out there of which we made full use.
We both opted for a lava shell massage - we both highly enjoyed this as it was something we hadn't done before; we'd definitely do it again.

The only real down side was lunch. We were offered water and drinks regularly but the food took a long time coming out; we had been seated an hour and 10 minutes and had only just had our starter and some bread. I am a slow eater so at 1:40pm with our massage at 2pm I was starting to panic. The lady in charge was very helpful and put our massage back by an hour which rectified this issue for us.
I believe the lunch came with an offer for those on a spa day though I may be wrong as there were no prices on the menu - it made us feel awkward asking how much lunch was but being on a budget felt we needed to and this made us perhaps not fit in with the rest of clientele - however the price we were given was very reasonable and the food we ate was lovely. The serving staff were professional and helpful and dealt with any problems immediately and without issue.
We did not use the hotel but would highly recommend this for a spa day

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Squirrelowl

Thank you so much for visiting our Spa and for taking time to write this fantastic review. I am terribly sorry that food took so long on your visit but I was pleased to read that my staff dealt with this in the best possible way.

We look forward to you next visit

best wishes

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We stayed in room 23 on the ground floor which was absolutely stunning.

The spa facilities were fantastic and the staff were highly professional - always happy and polite which made us feel very welcome.

The room service was great. All in all a brilliant overnight stay, just what we needed to unwind from a busy summer of work.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear jj52_12

Thank you so much for taking time to write this fantastic review. It was our pleasure to look after you and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to your next visit

best wishes