All reviews five minute walk would stay again bars and restaurants fridge beach
Reviewed 14 April 2018

On arrival we were given a room with facilities on that level and up steep stairs to bed, the stairs were too much for my husband, especially the thought of going down them in the night to the bathroom. Finally we were given a room, very large but smelt horrible, I do not think it had been used for a long time and it was not clean. I had to clean the patio furniture, also a horrible stain on the toilet seat. There was only one member of staff who was pleasant. If you stay here do not stay on the first floor over the restaurant, very noisy.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a short break. The location is good with the beach a short walk away also lovely gardens behind the hotel if you fancy a stroll. It was quite as it's February but there was a few bars and restaurants and some smaller shops that were open. The hotel is basic but clean and food was ok I preferred breakfast to be honest. I think it's value for money but not sure if I would book this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week long training course and the company provided and paid for the hotel. So I can’t can’t really comment on value for money.

Check in was friendly and efficient. My room was extremely clean with spotless linens and towels. My bed was very comfortable and the AC provided much needed heat on a couple of nights.

My shower wasn’t great so they happily moved me to a different room where shower was very powerful

Breakfast was varied with lots of choice. Pastries were good. Hot options were available but needed a quick zap in the microwave. Coffee and tea were freshly made at the bar and were very good.

Lunch was excellent with a salad buffet and choices of meat and fish with lots of vegetables. Desserts were really good and I ate far too many!

The hotel and town were very quiet in January so there weren’t many customers or staff. They all seemed to have lots of duties to cover but were efficient and friendly at all times.

Bar prices were very reasonable. The Rueda was quite nice.

I’d definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel near the beach and centre of Guardamar.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank itsgrimupnorth2010
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Just home after staying 1week.The hotel could be better.The food was ok but if it was replenished now and then it would be improved.lovely balcony which could be better with sun loungers to enjoy the sun.The reception staff could be a bit more pleasant.The maids were brilliant and very pleasant.Would stay again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Spent 10 days in this hotel from the end of June this year. It is marketed as a four star hotel but in my view does not reach that standard. There were some good points. When we arrived, the room we saw was not to our liking and was changed without fuss. Some of the staff were most pleasant and the location is excellent - four minutes walk to the beach and about the same to the Pueblo and the main shopping street. I also should comment on the excellent coffee and good widely available WiFi.

On the negative side was the blank expression worn by a number of the staff who would rarely respond to a greeting or ever seem to smile. Also staff were slow to offer assistance when some was clearly needed. Breakfast was served until 10.30 and was not to the standard I would expect from a hotel of this standard. Choice was limited. Hot food was not replenished and was therefore pretty cold and congealed from 9.30 or so. I had dinner one night, as I was eating on my own and didn't go out, it was again very limited in choice. There was nobody to assist should I have needed it and I suppose it was most telling that I was the only person in the dining room.

Although it has some good points, the hotel in my view is quite poor in relation to its grade. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple