All reviews train station the hotel website turkish bath shopping centre kfc and burger king close to the airport breakfast was excellent free shuttle road noise family room hotel is great central barcelona rooms are spacious modern hotel bcn airport visit barcelona pool area
Reviewed 1 April 2018

i was booking the hotel from the website because of the promotions even that it was a bit expensive. i had to wait at the airport 2 hours until the shuttle came (the first time was my mistake cause i said i am in T2 and said in the big international arrivals and said that i am not sure) after that i had to call extra 2 times to understand why there is no shuttle and each time there was a rediculus answer.
the promostion in the web site said that i can have late check out till 2 oclock but the front desk didnt want to let me have it - the hotel was empty but they didnt care
there was a big noise at night from a big group of kids that were running at the corridor - no one was stopping it
the wifi was only good at the lobby - ther signal didnt get to the lobby
i was asking to get a better room because of whatt happened - but the room wasnt at all better ( i was before 2 years at the hotel and i know how better rooms look like over there) - the water want running good there.
the stuff behave was as not trying to help - even on check out no one tried to ask if all was good or if we nne a shuttle back to the airport
pitty - from the outside it looks great but not what happenes in the inside - pitty

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

t is the worst hotel I have stayed over the 20 years.
The smoke from cigarettes came into my room at night and the hotel told us there was no empty unit to move. We had a boy who was 9 years old. We had to stay there because my husband had a conference there. We had no choice at that time. We kept making a complaint and finally we moved to other floor at the second night at 3AM. We couldn’t slept for two days because of the smoke and the strange mechanical noise from the wall. Even I’ve never seen the manager to talk about the problem. They are not professional at their job.
Be aware if you have a plan to visit Barcelona and stay away from this terrible hotel.
If you are unlucky like us, you will get the room with filled with cigarette smoke from next door and they will say ‘there is no empty room’, but don’t forget keep complaining until they give a new key.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018

This hotel is your run-of-the-mill Holiday Inn Express / Courtyard by Marriott clone. There's a KFC, Burger King, and Hooters (!!!) right next door. It looks great in the photos and on the surface, but inside is another story.

If you're staying here, it is because there's an event that you're attending at the hotel or you have meetings at UPC/BarcelonaTech. Do yourself a favor and stay in Barcelona instead. The train station is only a 10 min walk to UPC.

This hotel has chosen the modern IKEA particleboard facade for the lobby and some of the rooms. My first room was on the second floor (Floor #1). It was the last room on the floor, and a long walk to the lobby. First problem was when I needed an iron and ironing board. I went to call down to the lobby. The phone was completely dead. I walked to the lobby and 20 min later they delivered a very old iron and stained ironing board.

Then the WiFi stopped working. It stopped giving out IP addresses, and neither my phone nor laptop could connect. My colleagues on other floors had no issues, and I had no issue in the lobby. I went to call down to ask them to reboot the WiFi – oh, right, the phone doesn't work. The front desk had IT reboot the WiFi for all of Floor 1. It would take 30-60min. Instead of waiting I went to bed. The next day, it was still not working. I asked the woman at the front desk for another room, and she proceeded to argue with me for 15-20min. Eventually she asked her manager, and assigned me a new room on Floor 3.

The "new" room was a corner room, quite bit and suite-like (nice) but was not upgraded with 70s style wood and very old carpets. Good news, the WiFi worked! However all of the windows were broken and did not open. The heat/cooling also did not work, so there was no way to regulate the temperature in the room.

There's really no reason to stay at this hotel. The Ibis is closer to the train station and town by at least 10 min.

Normally I don't review hotels (and I've stayed at my share of substandard hotels), but the nail in the coffin were 5 emails over 2 weeks requesting a review sent by the hotel. They asked to "share my experience" and "tell fellow travelers." My advice to anyone looking at this hotel is do yourself a favor and stay in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Check the wifi works before accepting your room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my family this hotel was very clean and modern with nice modern rooms nice pool and parking the location is good there are a few shops bars and a mall all within 15 minutes and about 30 minutes walk from the beach it more of a business hotel than a holiday hotel but it a nice place to stay

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018

The hotel itself is good. Location as well the room were good. We had the family room and it was a good price and enough space for our needs. The bad part was hotel transfers. We arrived at night and was exhausted from the flight and was given the runaround with the transfers. It felt like they did not want to pick us up at the airport. If I knew this was the case I would have picked the cheaper hotel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family