2,383 results
All reviews sister hotel water park pool bar animation team bedroom bungalow salad great holiday themed nights paradise island fridge and microwave family holiday semi detached bungalows free bus evening entertainment kids club soft drinks plenty of choice
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

We travelled as a family of four for a cheeky holiday from 27 Dec - 3 Jul. I was a bit apprehensive after seeing a few poor reviews before we went - but it was fine.

The complex is a little tired. The bungalow we were in (311) definitely could use updating - and I'm unsure why they provide a microwave but no plates or cutlery... But it was clean, and cleaned every day. The walls were paper thin and we could hear the neighbouring bungalow residents speaking clearly. I found using the AC pretty much eliminated that as the whir of the fan blocked the noise from next door.

The walk down to the pool area and restaurant was slippy, pretty much all the time and you really do need to take it slow, we saw a few kids go flying on this, but in all fairness the only ones we saw fall hard had been running around immediately prior and the floor was honestly too slippery for that.

We were lucky and had great weather, the smaller pool was heated, though it felt cold, a toe in the larger pool assured me that the small one was definitely warmer! Kids were in it constantly, I managed a quick dip every day.

The complex seemed quiet, and I'm sure it must be packed at the height of summer, but this time of year was lovely.

The staff, I cannot fault at all. The receptionist who checked us in was very polite and helpful, same woman helped when I took my daughter up there with a bleeding cut on her foot, she had the first aid kit out and did a much more thorough job patching her up than I would have bothered to do - I just asked for a plaster but this lady wanted to clean, antiseptic etc.etc. I was very impressed. Restaurant and bar staff work absolutely tirelessly. They deserve some recognition - and the new year eve gala dinner was amazing, the effort that went into that was clear and the staff worked extra hard that night! Food was good, plenty of choice though repetitive - but that's what you get with all inclusive! Entertainment staff - the worked very hard too - especially the tall man (Stefan?) - I have no idea where he gets his energy from! He wasn't my cup of tea and I found being asked every time to join in activities quite annoying, but if you enjoy that kind of thing these guys are top of their game.

We didn't sample much evening entertainment, leaving before the adult entertainment began to put kids to bed. Mini disco was pretty standard - painful for adults to sit through after the 2nd, 3rd one but kids enjoyed. Watch out for the animal men and the rip off photo prices. After my husband paid 20 euro for 2 photos of our daughter with the parrots I was quite annoyed - this was pay at time of photo - you couldn't even see them to check quality first! So second time we bartered the price down to 5 euro for 1 photo with the snake.

All in all, we had a good time, walked into town and to marina a few times, nice quiet walk, good to get out of the hotel sometimes. Would recommend :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelesLopez, General Manager at HL Club Playa Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Thank you very much for your visit and your positive feedback on tripadvisor.
We are glad to find out that we were able to meet all of your expectations and that you enjoyed your holiday.

Since it is our aim to adapt our product and services to the needs of our guests, please be assured that we take your feedback seriously and will are review your comments for possible changes.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

A nice break in an average hotel,the food was fine,especially on Christmas day the food was excellent.The bungalows are dated and could do with modernising ,the pool area is good ,the staff work really hard,overworked in my opinion,most nights one bartender would run two bars which resulted in ridiculous queues.The entertainment was ok but could be deafening at times.The alcohol was average,would recommend sticking too the wine as the spirits were a bit ropey.The restaurant is probably the best thing about this hotel,playa blanca is a lovely place and we had fantastic weather the whole week,will come back next year but in a beach front location.

Room tip: Rooms near the pool are probably better as the complex goes back a long way
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelesLopez, General Manager at HL Club Playa Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Dear richard s,

We appreciate the time you have dedicated to let us know your feedback about your recent stay with us through Tripadvisor.

We truly regret to learn that we were not entirely able to live up to your expectations. Please be assured that we share your comments with the relevant departments and also check if we can change something for the better.

The Management,

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We went to Lanzarote for our holiday 10-17th December. We arrived at hotel. We were greeted by a lovely woman with sparkling wine when we got to our hotel room we dumped our bags in, changed and went for a walk round the hotel. Lovely views all round. The food was okay but not excellent (in my opinion) the entertainment was a lot to be desired for, there was a guy on the animation team I think his name was steffan although he did look like shaggy from scooby doo! He was very in your face and when you declined the offer to join in an activity he was didn't take no for an answer! The entertainment on a night was bog standard and could do with improvement. Other than that the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Luke E

Dear luke E,

The Management,

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Hi have just returned from a Christmas holiday first time ever at this time of year and the staff and hotel was excellent , the entertainment team were fantastic Stefan superb with the kids . Food was good and Christmas Day was absolutely fantastic in the restaurant the food was out of this world . Well I will be returning this year definatly as I could not fault a thing ! Lovely stroll to the centre of playa blanca which had just the right amount of shops and bars for a family holiday . Although there was a mixture of people from different countries they were all so friendly and the reception staff were so helpful

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 2 January 2016

A break from the cold and wet Scottish December. Left behind weather at 8 degrees and landed in 22 degrees of warm sunshine. Had seen an advert from Barrhead Travel and the price was right. Getting off the transfer bus the hotel did not appear outstanding, but as you walked in the glass doors the welcome was great, check in flowed smoothly and the walk through the ground was amazing, we were given a small detached unit which was very comfortable and well appointed. It was also our second time All Inclusive, the staff were great and so understanding even of my Scottish accent. The standard of cleanliness,customer care and all round ambience was of a very high standard. The food was excellent with lots of variety .A team of very hard working chefs. So good we are going back very soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple