All reviews san antonio ceiling fan sa flama water taxi air con lovely little hotel walk in wardrobe sea view half board modern hotel family run hotel bars and restaurants sun loungers small beach shower room your doorstep door step
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Third time now back at Mago. They never disappoint.

Opted to stay 11 nights here from late August through early September going directly though the hotel owner, Luis.

From day one Luis always corresponds well and always try to do the best by you and by the hotel so it's a win-win.

I've gone into details of how this hotel is so good in my previous reviews, but now with the additional works done in the gardens, lounging area, poolside and internally it's even more homely and welcoming.

Food is still lovely, reception staff are even more pleasant now they know us better (Christina in particular) and the cleaning staff I questioned in my last review on Mago (see September 2017 review by me) have been replaced with much more trustworthy and hardworking credits to the hotel. A true breath of fresh air all-round.

So comfortable and happy were my wife and I that once we invited the family round from a neighbouring hotel called Mar Amantis (after they we not happy with their accommodation having made the mistake of wanting to try something new from their Tagomago stay in 2017) they pretty much spent the downtime in the day at Tagomago with us buying drinks and relaxing here as appose to anywhere else. It's just that inviting it just makes your holiday that extra bit special.

My wife and I have stayed all over Ibiza in 4/5 star hotels. From Ocean Beach, Sol House, to Migjorn Suites and Spa and Hawaii and will only now stick with Tagomago. It still surprises me massively having stayed at likes of Ibiza Rocks Hotel and Hotel Tropical in the early days that Tagomago hotel is the same star branding as it is so much more than a basic hotel. Deserves a 4 in my view.

All I'd say simply as suggestions if freshen up the dining area as it is quite dark and dated compared to the rest of the hotel now and please put the pool table back under cover in the outer bar area opposite the pool :)

See you next August as we've booked again already! Keep up the good work guys! :)

Room Tip: Even number rooms are sea views
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominator_91
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I was a bit apprehensive to book this hotel as it is officially graded a 2 start hotel but after reading the reviews I am glad I did. Hotel is definitely more of a 3*. Location is great, right on the beach. At first look I didn't think there would be enough sunbeds at the pool but we had no problems getting 2 everyday. Room was nice, ended up pushing the two single beds together. Floor could of been cleaner but it seemed to get better as the days went on. The only thing that we wasn't that impressed with was the breakfast. The hot stuff wasn't hot and the cereal stale. But dinner was much better. Also want to mention the smiling happy barmaid, she makes a great cocktail! The man who seemed to do the later shifts on reception was also very happy and helpful. Overall we would come back to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cara S
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel with over twenty family and friends and had a fantastic holiday celebrating his 40th birthday. The hotel is lovely and really good value, with a fantastic pool area and great views. We had a Seaview room and it really was a room with a view. The rooms are basic but modern and extremely clean. The air conditioning works well. The hotel is family run, which gives a lovely atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and helpful. All of our group said that they would like to return to the hotel. Thank you for helping to make my husband's birthday special.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this through jet 2 for my 40th birthday and didn’t know what to expect as we’d never been to Ibiza. Couldn’t have picked a better hotel for location and it was a short walk to the nightlife of Ibiza but not too close. The hotel was very clean and well maintained, always staff visible. Drinks were reasonable. Other than breakfast we didn’t eat in the hotel. Wasn’t overly impressed with the breakfast but I am a fussy eater. There was a lot on offer but just not to my taste.
Pool was lovey and you always managed to get a sunbed, you just had to be on the ball if you wanted one by the pool.
Our room wasn’t the best as we had a view of a wall so we spent very little time in there. If we’d had a balcony we’d have spent more time in it.
Overall have nothing bad to say say, nice hotel and perfect location for views of the bay

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donnareid78
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Having just returned from spending a week at Hotel Tagomago I cannot recommend it enough. This is definitely more than a 2 star hotel and hopefully this changes for them soon.

First of all the location is spot on. The water taxi to san antonio is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel, costing 3 euro for a short walk across the bay. There is a bus stop right beside the hotel, which brings you to/from the airport and san antonio bus station, which links to ibiza town and the discobus for all the big clubs around ibiza. There are lots of tasty restaurants in short walking distance, with very reasonable prices. I would highly recommend Ausonia and Pizzaman were firm favourites of ours. Sa Flama (next door) was also quite tasty. The mustop supermarket across the road has a small bakery with tasty sandwiches and pastries for takeaway, which was very handy for a quick lunch.

Second of all it is right on the beach - a small beach but it is safe with calm, clear waters. The views are spectacular and while lying at the pool you are looking out on to the ocean.

On a whole the hotel was very clean and comfortable. Noise was to a minimum so we had a great nights sleep always and the cleaning staff were very accommodating to leaving us lie in. The room smelled fabulous when we first arrived. The pool and common areas were spotless and the renovation of the hotel is very trendy. My only small negative point is that the floors in our room never felt fully clean - as if there was sand all over the floor right after cleaning. Maybe they didn't get a deep clean while we were there we weren't sure.

The staff in the hotel were really friendly and helpful. We were able to buy club tickets at reception, which are easy to come by on every corner, but still even more convenient at the hotel! There is a handy book exchange in the lobby if you finish your holiday book early.

Breakfast was included when we booked, which was very handy for us. There was a huge selection of food, even when we came down at the later half of breakfast time, there was always plenty to eat and choose from.

Overall for what we paid for the hotel I think this was brilliant value for money and I would definitely return if I was to go back to Ibiza. The one item I would wish for that could improve the experience is a fridge in the rooms to store cold water and snacks.

Room Tip: We requested a sea view room that was not on the ground floor, based on previous reviews the ground floor was not the best choice.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends