“A home away from home”

A Casa di Donatella
Price range: US$23 - US$35
Description: In a peaceful predominantly marine enviroment a few steps from " Scala dei Turchi", it stays , for over 50 years, my little house wanted and built by my father and since than it has always belonged to my family. Lots of friends, over the years,have gone from here;different generations from those of my parents until to the younger ones of the same age of my children. The pleasure to stay together with other people, the desire to have my house always full of friends, the passion for cooking are the key ingredients that led me to take this route in the social eating of the "home restaurant". In Italy, this is a trend still in the process of expanding and it deals with the creation, from time to time, of events (also events to theme) for a meal that can be from breakfast, to lunch, to dinner for a maximum of 12 seats if seated, 20 if buffet. I'll put my dishes and my house, you'll bring your company and the rest comes itself
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Casa di Donatella is in one word perfect! Donatella welcomes you in her home like family and she’s a great cook. Dining here feels like a home away from home.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I phoned Donatella the morning of the day I wanted to book for a group of 12 people. Even though she was not at home, she offered to cook for us. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality and quantity of the food. We had a very pleasant evening: nice garden, excellent food and a very enthousiastic host!

Thank you Donatella!

Sofie (Belgium)

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We had a surprising but wonderful experience at Donatella's residence. Besides the enthousiastic and lovely hospitality, we enjoyed two high-culinary dinners of fish and meat.
Recommended for a true Sicilian experience!
Enjoy! Monique, Theo, Marion and Frank

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We found a business card for Casa di Donatella in a pile of tourists brochures in our hosts home. We were excited by the opportunity to eat in a locals own home right on the beach. We arrived right on time and were greeted by Donatella and shown our table. A beautifully laid table with fine quality china and glass wear in the front courtyard of her home. Surrounded by plants and sofas overlooking the local beach. We were promptly offered water and wine. There was one other couple at another table but far enough away to feel like we had the place to ourselves. Then the delicious food started to arrive. It was so tasty I savoured every mouthful of caponata, marinated eggplant, eggplant meatballs, lightly fried sardines, veal cotoletta stuffed with pancetta and cheese, cucumber salad, warm freshly baked bread. We finished our meal with a lemon custard dessert topped with rockmelon. All so delicious. We were then offered chocolates and liquors. All during the meal Donatella was providing us with information and tips about the local area. Don't miss this opportunity. A home cooked meal made from locally sourced produce in a beautiful setting. Cost was 50 euros. Excellent value.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We called only half an hour ahead and this very nice lady welcomed us in her beautiful garden and served us a delicious meal. We would have been happy with a simple pasta dish but got treated with a full meal - wonderful! We also enjoyed chatting with her and learning about her business and life in Sicily. Highly recommended.