All reviews lady beer dinner guests house
Reviewed 6 October 2017

2 nights here on a bike trip. After a challenging run along the coast it was nice to have a beer by the pool. A room was nice and outside the building (room 10 I think) was a butlers sink and a drying area for washing clothes. very useful. Not exactly picturesque (no photos!), but very pleasant and in retrospect one of our better stays.

The breakfast was very nice. Great bread and the usual cheese and salami, boiled eggs and cornetti.

Dinner though was very good. Simple but great Antipasti. Lovely pasta and meat courses. Real Pugliese local food and good house wines. Much better than expected.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We booked this place very much in advance and paid the deposit as requested. Upon our arrival there was no trace of our reservation. Luckily it was half empty, as we were traveling with kids we would not want to look for another place. We did not really have any apologies from the hosts, they mumbled something Iike ' your booking was a while ago' but have not forgotten to remind us about paying the rest. Generally food was ok and location is nice but the overall bill was way too long expensive. The worst part started when we paid and left the place. Some hours later we started receiving threats through the mail from Alcorico saying that we have not paid. We called back to say that we settled the bill and we have the receipt but the person on the phone , apparently owners' son to whom I expressed my general discontent about the way our journey was handledhas started shouting and sayibg it was our fault and that I could write any comments I wanted, he did not care. I've sent the receipt of the settlement and received some lengthy information about how it was not their fault but the fault of some lady who made the payment. I travel every week and I stay in hotels throughout the world, mistakes can happen of course, but threatening the client without even verifying the receipts of the day is frankly ridiculous. Hospitality industry is very competitive and showing such lack of care of the client is unacceptable. I would expect an offer of a discount at the very least. Accusation of theft are very grave and the hotels never make it lightly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2016

After a 50 mile bike ride, we arrived to find our bags in our very large and lovely room. The guest rooms are in a historical building with lovely terraces attached. We grabbed a shower and wandered up to reception where we were seated on the veranda, offered a prosecco (or beer) and freshly picked apricots. After some roughly translated conversation, our host and hostess asked us what time we would like dinner and if we preferred meat or fish. We strolled the grounds and the gardens, listening to the birds and staring at the Aegean in the distance. Dinner was plentiful and delicious - after which we took our very full tummies off to bed. Some places are magical - I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2016

This is a special place about 4.5 km. past S.M. de Leuca. We were booked there by our bike tour company. Guests stay in a large separate building within the walled grounds of the farm. Our en suite bedroom was lovely & charming, and had its own little patio area with a table & chairs out the back door. We arranged for dinner and had some home made wine in the interim. Dinner was served in a nice dining room in the main house: a typical & delicious three course meal that ended with perfectly prepared fresh fish. Service was very nice as well. This is a working farm that also takes guests. This would be a great place for a longer stay in hotter weather, when the pool is open. A great sleep in a very peaceful place. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I usually travel to special places letely ITALY discovering its beauties, but always try to write about them the way people would like to be informed, giving personal feelings but also useful information about a place seen and the stay at the hotel.
Last friday i went to pick up my daughter guest at a friends house in Gagliano del Capo and she gave me the address, I called the lady, Mrs Marisa was adorable and said she had a room for three.
We arrived the next day early afternoon, the room was fantastic and immediately we felt at home with an outside setting difficult to describe, cactus, sea , olive trees , low constructions and ancient stone walls very very charming. Each room has a pleasant outside with a view just the way we like to immagine paradise!!!!! nice pool, fantastic breakfast with home made cakes and freshly squeezed juices of different flavorous .....a true drem for children and adults ......

Room Tip: ask for room at tower .......
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family