See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 6 nights and wouldn't do it again. Don't get me wrong for around 25€ per night from hotels.com what can I expect? It's clean but smells like it was smoked in a while back. The wifi is free but might aswell be non existent. It is in the middle of nowhere and the campanile hotel restaurant is poor. I can however recommend the 3 brasseurs restaurant if you turn left out of the carpark and right to the centre commercials the beer is good and a north speciality is the welsh :-) sadly I found this on the last night and it's slightly too far to walk. Wouldn't stay again but it served its purpose it's cheap, warm and 5 minutes from work

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2014

We stayed here for 1 night as a rest stop between Calais and Switzerland. I have stayed in other basic accommodation but this has to be the worst. The rooms were small and smelt musty. The bedding smelt stale and i swear the towels were not clean. We also wanted to pay cash for our stay but even though a receptionist was on duty , he made me check in via an outdoor screen on the wall in which i had to pay by visa. There is a breakfast served in a clean dining room in the morning. It was ok, coffee, bread and jam. I would not stay at this hotel again and i would not recommend it either.

There is a restaurant across the road. We went there that evening and had a really nice meal with good service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Arrived here later than planned (about 7.30) as Eurotunnel was late but luckily hotel was easy enough to find and check in was quick. As expected room was basic but did get free wi-fi. One downside was that there was nowhere within walking distance to eat. However would stay again if going to or from Calais. Good for the money.

Room Tip: Upstairs at end of landing was quiet - opposite side from reception
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This hotel takes the word 'basic' to another level. It's like staying in a bad holiday camp chalet. The stairs to the rooms are external, there is no lift, the rooms open directly onto the external walkways and don't feel very secure. It's in the middle of nowhere. The night receptionist was gruff and unfriendly. The hotel has a lot of maintenance issues. The room we stayed in was meant to be a family room for three; we could barely get our cases in. There was a double bed with a single bunk above, you could just about get around the end of the bed to the other side of the room. It was like a cell, with lino on the floor, metal beds and plastic fixtures. The shower 'room' was similar to what you get in a ship cabin - a kind of all in one plastic coated cupboard. Ours was covered in hairs and cigarette burns. The bed covers were torn, tatty and mismatched but they were obviously freshly laundered. There were lots of dead insects, peeling paint and cobwebs. We checked out after one night, we were meant to stay for four. We were promised a refund. It took a month, reporting them to Booking.com and threatening court action before we got it. I've travelled all over the world and stayed in lots of basic accommodation, I know you get what you pay for, but clean and comfortable is the minimum I’d expect – this was neither. I've uploaded some pictures to illustrate, I wish I'd taken more.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I spent a night at this property when driving back to take the Eurotunnel. The room is small and very, very basic but has everything you need for one night - it was also very quiet. Perhaps the best thing is that the wifi is free!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo