See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2017

A truly breath taking golf course with some of the best views I have seen at any course in Europe. The staff are very friendly and it is a great place to spend a few days and relax in the mountains. The bar and restaurant area are well presented and there is a good choice of food on the menu. My only slight criticism is that for the price being charged you would expect the food to be of a higher quality.

If you are looking for somewhere a bit different for your next golf break I would highly recommend Falgos!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank KPS77_11
Management response:Responded 6 September 2017

Thank you very much. From your post it seems that our goal is achieved : wonderful golf in a wonderful place. There is no doubt that the view is fantastic and we are glad to share it with our guests. You will find the same atmosphere during your next visit... Falgos has to be played at every season ! Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We have stayed a week at Falgos for each of the last 3 years and we always love going there. The staff are friendly and remember you from previous visits.
The hotel is well laid out, the rooms are comfortable but could do with some renovation (dining area).
The golf course is spectacular, as are the views of the Canigou and Pyrenees. The greens were fast and better maintained this year (compared to 2015). Some of the tees are uneven but the fairways are generally top notch.
The disappointment is the restaurant food which has declined in quality over the past 3 years. The freshly-cooked meals are OK. The half-board food in the evenings is very average however. The menu remains unchanged as far as I can see.
We will come back, but would like to see an improvement in the dining which is not up to the level of the rest of the resort.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings. We take your comments into consideration in order to improve the quality of the menus and the restaurant in general. We deeply hope that you will "taste" the change during your next visit. We are also pleased that our team and the golf have given you satisfaction one more time.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I need to state at once that I have never stayed here. But I know people who have and they described it as being excellent value. What I do know about is the spa and the restaurant, as I am a member of the health club and go every week.

The spa is excellent. There is a sauna and a steam room as well as two jacuzzis and a decent pool. There is also a large sunbathing area, both in and out. The large glass windows let in the sun so that I have been sunbathing in November.

The most important fact is that the facilities are never overcrowded. Even in peak season, there is no long wait for the jacuzzis

The restaurant is really good too. It caters for tired golfers who just want a beer and a burger but it also has a great menu with an excellent set menu containing local dishes and wines. I love going there.

Did I mention the views? Looking North there are the mountains of the Pyrenees. Looking South you can see the Med at the Bay of Rosas. Stunning.

Apparently the golf course is excellent but I have never been. My friends play twice a week and love it.

Recommended for both locals and tourists.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Thierry B, Directeur général at Domaine de Falgos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

I would like to thank you for your comments .
This is very encouraging for us in order to maintain the quality of the property so you can enjoy it for very long time .

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Great place to relax an play a round of golf with amazing views. If you play golf this is a different experience, the golf course goes up and down the mountain, the views are are hard to beat. Very relaxing atmosphere, restaurant is also great for lunch and/or dinner.

Room Tip: great place if you play golf or tennis for a relaxing weekend
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Much has already been written about Falgos but after we spent a few days as a family I would like to make some clarifications.
One could describe staying here in three different areas:
a) Golf
b) Hotel
c) Restaurant
The golf is fantastic, read the other reviews. Much more lush than what you would expect from the region and most holes are both beautiful and challenging.
The hotel is lovely if you like a warm sort of romantic feeling rather than stylish/modern. Large spaces. Friendly staff, some speakes good English, the others do try to understand you even if your French is not good. Especially the gym is far better than most other hotels. The pool area is good. Many French writers have commented the change area. Nothing special for us (Swedes), men and women separated but you may find another one of your gender in the same change room at the same time. No big deal.
The restaurant is not at the same standard as the rest of the place and certainly not at the level as the golf course. We have had many courses and they usually lack in the details and execution, I will give some examples. But the main impression is that they serve traditional and local cuisine. Boring and uninspired. Many guests eat from a half pension fixed menu and I would say that the components of the menu is cheap. Combine that with the above comments and well, I am disappointed at this price level. You won't go hungry though.
Here's some examples (since I love this place I do hope management reads this and considers some changes in the kitchen):
Fries that is served now and then, most likely not home made - simply boring when this side dish can be so good.
Risotto - over cooked. Why?
Salmon - nicely cooked, very plain seasoning.
Creme catalana - no vanilla (visible or notable) and set by starch, not by love and egg yolks. Either that or over cooked.
What I am saying is that the food is not at all very bad and nothing you send out again, it's just not interesting or vital as it needs to be today to stand out.
Stay here for the golf, the kind staff, the spa/gym and the very nice settings and gardens.

Room Tip: Room 223 (la pomme) is a good choice for view and staying with children.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family