See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2017

What can I say, we stayed here this summer. First of all, it was extremely expensive, more than we had budgeted for but from the photos, it looked like a very nice property and as it was new there were no/few reviews we went by looks, which was such a bad idea. Never judge book by cover.

When arriving we got there the host was very nice but told us we were not allowed any guests, which was a shame as we had family staying nearby and it's nice to meet up by the pool on holiday.

The apartment was very loud, teenagers taking drugs, having parties, I complained and the owners' boyfriend, I think Phillip was very rude and aggressive, at first he said he would do something about it but when I asked, again and again, he ended up shouting at me and causing a big scene.

Phillip was also offering a taxi service around the Island, however, he is not a registered taxi driver and it turned out he was charging us too much. Halfway through the holiday, I raised my concerns as the apartment was too loud for us, we are family men we don't want no trouble. The owners were very horrible to us.

I will say the apartment was very clean and it was nicely decorated but the owners lacked all customer service and the boyfriend had anger issues and although I don't know the Croatian laws I don't think he should be charging people such a high amount to drive people around.

We came home stressed and spent a lot of time in Croatia at our cousin's hotel with the family at their pool. We wish we had booked somewhere else and wouldn't stay there again.

This has taught us to do our research and always stay in hotels that know customer service.

This apartment has the potential but the staff and the wrong guests.

Room Tip: Don't - they are all nice rooms but too loud
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jay W
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Mama House in June with a group of friends - there were four of us in total. We were immediately impressed with how clean, modern, and beautifully decorated our apartment was, alongside the rest of the building and the pool area. We came to Novalja both to relax and to enjoy the nightlife in Zrce. Mama House was the perfect location for both, a short walk away from Novalja beach with lots of nice bars and restaurants, and an inexpensive 10 minute taxi journey to the main area of nightlife at Zrce. Our hosts Venesa and Filip were incredibly welcoming and accommodating, ensuring that we were happy and comfortable during our stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Great apartments, very clean & modern. The hosts are a lovely couple who couldn't have been more helpful. The pool wasn't available for a lot of our stay however we were warned in advance and the hosts went above and beyond to provide alternative arrangements. Went with a group of friends for a party / relaxing holiday and the house is perfect for this - very close to novalja centre and a 10 minute car journey to Zcre beach. Thank you Venesa and Filip!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends