“Enjoyed A pleasurable Stay for Victoria Day's...”
other travellers have booked this property
Lofty Heights Bed and Breakfast
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lofty Heights Bed and Breakfast
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lovehikin...
Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyed A pleasurable Stay for Victoria Day's Long-Weekend!”
Reviewed 31 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at Lofty Heights Bed and Breakfast for three (3) nights on the Victoria Day’s long-weekend. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the host, Barry Fairbairn, is the wonderful host. When I made my first phone call to Barry, I knew I had made a right decision to choose to stay Lofty Heights. Barry was so warm and helpful on the phone. Lofty Heights is gorgeous and so comfortable; the view of the Hope Bay is outstanding. We truly enjoyed walking in such a quiet and peaceful environment.
When we were there, we have amazing fantastic homemade breakfast and the items changed daily. The food is so great and delicious. Without doubt, we would choose to stay at Lofty Heights if we go to Bruce Peninsula again.

Victoria...
“Wonderful stay, stunning walks and beautiful scenery.”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Barry was incredibly helpful with recommending walks that made the most of the amazing scenery as well as providing some excellent insider knowledge to make sure we got the most of our stay. He prepared sumptuous feasts for us for breakfast which prepared us for our days of activities. A lovely secluded spot and although we didn't get to see a bear, we did see a hummingbird right outside the front door. Would definitely recommend.

Management Response
22 Sep 2017
Victoria-Thank you for the lovely review. I am starting my trek home tomorrow from lake superior prov. park. Had a great time hiking & camping. Scenery was guite spectacular. Ontario's mountains. Thank you again.
Sophie D
“Zen place that felt like home!”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

My sister and I had a wonderful time in this cute and very zen place. We are from Montreal and we choose this B&B as a pit stop before doing camping at Cyprus lake for 3 nights. Originally our plan was to stay 2 nights (one coming from MTL and the other going to MTL) but at the end we extended our stay by one day.
Barry was the perfect host!!! He informed us of all the main attractions to do at Bruce Peninsula and gave us accurate directions with his maps. Barry knows very well the area and has maps for everything. He is a very good cook with his very yummy breakfasts and was kind enough to be flexible with our schedule for the last breakfast we had there.
The owner is very proud of his house that he personally choose the spot and built it!! Everything in this house was chosen with the most detailed thoughts that makes the place so unique. I felt very relaxed and at ease just like at home during those days. Without Barry, our stayed at Bruce peninsula wouldn't have been the same.
I highly recommend this place!! I LOVED IT!!

Sunshine7...
“Really Lovely Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We had a really enjoyable 2 night stay at Lofty Heights. This was our first experience of a B&B house and it far exceeded our expectations. Barry, the owner (and designer/ builder) of the house was a great host; he gave us a warm welcome and was super polite and accommodating to our dietary requirements. His pride and enthusiasm for the house and the area was infectious and, along with his tips and insights, allowed us to make the most of our short break. The house is in a great location - so quiet and peaceful (you'll get wonderful sleep!) yet not too far from anywhere you'd want to go to. We enjoyed both breakfasts (the muffins were especially delicious!) as well as exchanging culinary tips with Barry.

The house was clean; we had our privacy, access to the deck and outside area and both felt comfortable and at ease staying there.

We'd definitely stay again if we end up back in Bruce Peninsula!

ThePali
Region of Waterloo, Canada
“Perfect long weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 7 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We had visited Tobermory about 3-4 years ago and fell in love with it. Because of limited availability in Tobermory we decided to stay at Lofty Heights B&B for the long weekend which is about 40 mins drive from Tobermory. I think staying at Lofty Heights B&B was one of the best decisions we made besides visiting the Bruce Peninsula again. Barry, the owner of Lofty Heights B&B is an amazing host, chef, guide and much more. He welcomed us with warmth to his home. Told us stories about how he built his house, and we got a lot of creative ideas from him on how we can improve our home when doing renovations or upgrades. We had complete privacy and the entire floor to ourselves. Watching the countless birds, including the most number of Blue Jays we've ever seen at once, and admiring the beautiful flowers in his spacious and very private backyard was another highlight of the visit. Both the breakfasts that he prepared for us were no less than gourmet meals. He was very accommodating of my allergy and made something special for me the next morning so I could enjoy my breakfast treat. He is well informed about the hidden gems in Bruce Peninsula. We hiked for few hours all the days during our stay and visited breath taking places similar to the ones in magazines. If it wasn’t for his suggestions, we would have probably visited all the touristy sites which were over crowded. Barry also told us of an almost secret spot on the west side of the peninsula where we can watch the sunset and the stars in complete peace, which was absolutely beautiful.

We will definitely be returning to Bruce Peninsula again and without a doubt will be staying at Lofty Heights B&B again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing