HeliServicesNZ Tekapo - CLOSED

A must do, go for it!!

Reviewed 17 December 2018
Daiseaview
Swansea, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2019

My partner and I actually did this trip with the reviewer immediately below, and I wholeheartedly echo his comments. Our experienced differed only in that we’d walked in off the street and booked just half an hour prior to take off. We were incredibly lucky with our weather conditions, and had a completely fabulous experience. Brooke was really friendly, professional and informative, and the trip blew us away. Scenery was sensational and it was a real privilege to gain that perspective on the lakes, mountains, glaciers (all 3 of them!) and land that we’d visited and driven at ground level. Not cheap, and we did have to think twice before committing but are so glad that we did. A very memorable morning of our three weeks in South Island and worth every penny.

Date of experience: December 2018
Tekapohelistaff, Manager at HeliServicesNZ Tekapo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2019

Thank you for your review, KMJUK.

Yes, it is an awesome flight that you are able to see the popular scenery of New Zealand ( Lakes, Mountains and Glaciers) in just 60mins.
It is really worth to do once in your life time, may to twice.
Thank you very much again for choosing us.

Reviewed 17 December 2018

We booked the one hour Mt Cook and glaciers tour with a glacier landing and the whole experience was fantastic.
The staff and especially Brooke our pilot were very professional and my wife who was very nervous was put at ease straight away by the professional manner the guys approached the whole experience.
We would thoroughly recommend the company and their staff for what was a once in a lifetime experience.
Go do it!!!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Daiseaview
Tekapohelistaff, Manager at HeliServicesNZ Tekapo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

Thank you very much Daiseaview for your review.
I will surely pass the message to Brooke and our staffs.
Thank you for understanding the weather as I remember we have forward your booking to the next day due to the weather of the date you original booked.
And luckily you got the best weather for your flight.
Hope you will enjoy your Christmas time with your family in north island.
Do let your friends and family know your flying experience.
Thank you very much for choosing us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

So pleased we chose Heliservices!
If you are able to take a Heli Tour over to Mount Cook and the glaciers, do it - it is truly stunning and a lifetime experience. Why Heliservices though? Our pilot, Jeff, have an entertaining and insightful commentary throughout our flight up, took routes to show us extra points of interest and our time on the glacier itself was not without a snowball or two plus glacial ice pops we made ourselves. Oh and lots of photos! Thanks for making this lifetime experience very special for Chris and I

Tekapohelistaff, Manager at HeliServicesNZ Tekapo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

So happy that you two had a snow pops on the landing site.
Yes, Jeff is always entertaining, he had a lot of experience of flying and of course the knowledge of this environment.
Make sure you two share this special experience to your families‍‍‍ and friends.
Thank you for choosing us again CCHoll.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Flying in a Helicopter and landing on Mt. Cook and able to walk around was on my Bucket List. As an adventure, it was beyond anything I have ever experienced. The scenery was awe inspiring surrounded by the snow capped mountains. Standing on Mt. Cook on a beautiful sunny day, sensational. If you are in two minds - go for the thrill of a lifetime and do this trip.

Date of experience: September 2018
Tekapohelistaff, Manager at HeliServicesNZ Tekapo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for your review circlette00, I believe you were landing on our Mt Joseph when you were doing a 20mins flight.
Yes. it is stunning that you could enjoy the stunning view and Mackenzie area at a higher elevation. Thank you very much for choosing us again.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

It’s so happy to have second chance to join Helicopter tour service in New zealand.
The weather is wonderful .
The helicopter service is stable.
Pilot is informative and let you know where you are.
The staff of helicopter company is very supportive and friendly ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
Everything is perfect and remarkable for me, it is the best day that I ever have in New zealand.
I will recommend all my friend to try this tour if they come to New zealand .

Date of experience: September 2018
Tekapohelistaff, Manager at HeliServicesNZ Tekapo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you very much for your review Yuuri. The weather was good for east coast on your fly day. As most of the bad weather come from the west side of the island. Out pilots are experience in these area as they are local here as well. Thank you again ❤️.for choosing us as your 2nd time for a helicopters ride and please do let your families and friends know we are here in Lake Tekapo. As not many people we can fly from here and save your time and money for travelling to Mt. Cook