HeliServicesNZ Tekapo - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Awesome flight and service

Thank you for giving us an unforgettable flight in this beautiful country. Special thanks for the... read more

Reviewed 27 March 2019
VickyT1823
Hong Kong, China
via mobile
Mind. Blown.

My partner and I actually did this trip with the reviewer immediately below, and I wholeheartedly... read more

Reviewed 14 January 2019
KMJUK
Reading, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2015

We are currently touring NZ and visited the beautiful Lake Tekapo. Whilst there it was our 44th wedding anniversary so to celebrate we treated ourselves to an hour long helicopter ride. The staff were extremely friendly. Our pilot Simon was very pleasant and very knowledgeable. The flight was over and all around Mount Cook Tasman and over Franz Joseph, fox and Tasman glaciers as well as around the lakes. The views were amazing the weather was perfect. We landed on the highest helipad in NZ at 8000 ft had our photos taken with Mt Cook in the background. We were so lucky it was an incredible day. Thankyou Tekapo Helicopters. Moira and Trevor Wright

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Moirawright5
Deb W, Manager at HeliServicesNZ Tekapo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Hi There,

Great to hear that you guys really enjoyed a very special day and it made your 44th wedding anniversary a very special day.
Awesome to hear that Simon kept you well informed on the way around and you got to see the best part of NZ.
The view from our landing site "the Liebig Dome" is truly awesome and it is a pleasure to show this area to you guys.

Thanks
The Tekapo Helicopters team

Reviewed 16 March 2015

Amazing, we were so lucky with the weather. Took a longer flight and circled Mt Cook, saw the origin of the Fox and Franz Joseph Glaciers. Could actually see the Tasman Ocean thru the clouds. Landed on a snow field. Excellent pilot, Simon, had a good commentary. Would do again anytime. The highlight of our NZ holiday.

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Judo513

Hi there,

Thank you for your comments.
It is always a pleasure hearing from people how much they enjoyed the flights. The larger flight is an awesome flight and you get to take in some amazing vistas thats for sure, Along with a great commentary then you can learn alot about tha area in a short time.
Glad you guys really enjoyed it.

The Tekapo Helicopters team

Reviewed 5 March 2015

I was very nervous before going on a helicopter flight but was so glad I experienced it. We took the shorter (20 minute) flight with mountain top landing in case I didn't feel comfortable. It was absolutely fantastic and I immediately wanted to go on another helicopter flight, this time to Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers. Our pilot, Simon was very informative and the flight was smooth and not as scary as I expected. The views were breathtaking - I can't describe how wonderful it feels to land on the mountain top and gaze at the beautiful scenery. I would thoroughly recommend this!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 14 January 2015

We took the hour tour with glacier landing. It was smooth incredible ride with spectacular views and photo ops. Highly recommend it. One of the highlights of our New Zealand trip!! Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank LuAnn C
Reviewed 13 January 2015

Neither my husband or I had been in a helicopter before, it was an adrenaline rush at times (and a bit scary for me at times), but the views and the experience were worth it. We had to wait a while to actually get to take off, but appreciate the company putting safety first, but waiting for the right weather conditions. It was an amazing experience, and we got to land in the snow. Hold on tight - but would recommend.

Date of experience: January 2015