HeliServicesNZ Tekapo - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Awesome flight and service

Thank you for giving us an unforgettable flight in this beautiful country. Special thanks for the... read more

Reviewed 27 March 2019
VickyT1823
Hong Kong, China
via mobile
Mind. Blown.

My partner and I actually did this trip with the reviewer immediately below, and I wholeheartedly... read more

Reviewed 14 January 2019
KMJUK
Reading, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2015

I was very nervous before going on a helicopter flight but was so glad I experienced it. We took the shorter (20 minute) flight with mountain top landing in case I didn't feel comfortable. It was absolutely fantastic and I immediately wanted to go on another helicopter flight, this time to Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers. Our pilot, Simon was very informative and the flight was smooth and not as scary as I expected. The views were breathtaking - I can't describe how wonderful it feels to land on the mountain top and gaze at the beautiful scenery. I would thoroughly recommend this!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 14 January 2015

We took the hour tour with glacier landing. It was smooth incredible ride with spectacular views and photo ops. Highly recommend it. One of the highlights of our New Zealand trip!! Would do it again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank LuAnn C
Reviewed 13 January 2015

Neither my husband or I had been in a helicopter before, it was an adrenaline rush at times (and a bit scary for me at times), but the views and the experience were worth it. We had to wait a while to actually get to take off, but appreciate the company putting safety first, but waiting for the right weather conditions. It was an amazing experience, and we got to land in the snow. Hold on tight - but would recommend.

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Writing this review on behalf of my son. He actually won a voucher for a 20min flight sometime ago, however even though the flight was a freebie for us, he wasn't treated any differently from a paying customer. One of the conditions of the flight was that there had to be a minimum number of people to fly with him. When I made the booking he was the only one, however I indicated we could be a bit flexible with times, and the staff there was really good and as it turned out he flew with 3 others. His opinion on the flight "It was enjoyable, fantastic scenery, interesting to be in a helicopter for the first time ever and helicopter guys were helpful." While waiting for his flight to return we had a chat with a couple who had just returned from a slightly longer ride, and they too enthused over what a great time they had.

1  Thank fallenfarmgirl
Reviewed 13 December 2014

What a surreal and magical experience! We were lucky enough to go on the 1 hour flight, which flew around Mt Cook, over Franz Josef Glacier and landed near the top of Fox Glacier. Words cannot do the scenery justice. It has to be experienced first hand to be believed.
We had to be patient for the cloud to clear, New Zealand isn't called 'The Land of the Long White Cloud' without reason. But when it did... OMG!!!
A big thanks to our fantastic pilot, Clint, Debbie and the team. This flight was THE highlight of our trip to New Zealand!

Date of experience: December 2014