HeliServicesNZ Tekapo - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Awesome flight and service

Thank you for giving us an unforgettable flight in this beautiful country. Special thanks for the... read more

Reviewed 27 March 2019
VickyT1823
Hong Kong, China
via mobile
Mind. Blown.

My partner and I actually did this trip with the reviewer immediately below, and I wholeheartedly... read more

Reviewed 14 January 2019
KMJUK
Reading, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2015

Neither my husband or I had been in a helicopter before, it was an adrenaline rush at times (and a bit scary for me at times), but the views and the experience were worth it. We had to wait a while to actually get to take off, but appreciate the company putting safety first, but waiting for the right weather conditions. It was an amazing experience, and we got to land in the snow. Hold on tight - but would recommend.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Writing this review on behalf of my son. He actually won a voucher for a 20min flight sometime ago, however even though the flight was a freebie for us, he wasn't treated any differently from a paying customer. One of the conditions of the flight was that there had to be a minimum number of people to fly with him. When I made the booking he was the only one, however I indicated we could be a bit flexible with times, and the staff there was really good and as it turned out he flew with 3 others. His opinion on the flight "It was enjoyable, fantastic scenery, interesting to be in a helicopter for the first time ever and helicopter guys were helpful." While waiting for his flight to return we had a chat with a couple who had just returned from a slightly longer ride, and they too enthused over what a great time they had.

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank fallenfarmgirl
Reviewed 13 December 2014

What a surreal and magical experience! We were lucky enough to go on the 1 hour flight, which flew around Mt Cook, over Franz Josef Glacier and landed near the top of Fox Glacier. Words cannot do the scenery justice. It has to be experienced first hand to be believed.
We had to be patient for the cloud to clear, New Zealand isn't called 'The Land of the Long White Cloud' without reason. But when it did... OMG!!!
A big thanks to our fantastic pilot, Clint, Debbie and the team. This flight was THE highlight of our trip to New Zealand!

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

I was took package NZD298 package that took 40mins tour & landing on the glacier which is just opposite to the Mount Cook. The view is simply stunning!

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 9 December 2014 via mobile

Not something i ever thought I would do as flying is not my favorite thing but hubby wanted to do it and I wanted to see the snow again. What an amazing experience! Thanks to the helpful staff and our very lovely helpful pilot! We did the 40 min trip and don't regret it for a second!

Deb W, Manager at HeliServicesNZ Tekapo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2014

Great to hear that you had a great flight and got to get back to the snow like you wanted. And thank you for the comment.