“Disappointing unromantic”
Review of Tekapo Springs

Tekapo Springs
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Lake Tekapo
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in beautiful Lake Tekapo, Tekapo Springs is a must-do for everyone, with a fun mix of relaxing and exciting activities. Soak in the stunning views from one of our 3 hot pools (36 - 39 degrees Celsius), all beautifully landscaped with native plants. Relax in our Steam & Sauna rooms and try the cold plunge pool. Children (and the young at heart!) love our Aqua Play Area with exciting interactive water features and shallow pool for playing in. There's a deep pool for swimming a few laps or jumping off the side. In summer, dare to ride the TRIPPO, an 11 metre high waterslide with three chutes providing hours of fun! In winter, get fit and have fun on our outdoor ice skating rink or try the thrilling 150-metre Snow Tube! Soak up some “me time” with a revitalising facial or massage at the Day Spa then sample the scrumptious menu at our fully licensed cafe. By night, Soak in the Stars with Tekapo Star Gazing, the only guided hot pools and star gazing tour in New Zealand.
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

LOUD Music destroyed the natural relaxation of soaking under starry skies! My reward for braving messy changing rooms & disgusting toilets. 'Lifeguards' seemed more intent on swinging hammers around than looking after the patrons. Very disappointing. I recommend heading to Hanmer Springs where nature is enough entertainment allowing for romance & relaxation! And the guards take their job seriously!

1  Thank Angela M
Management response:Responded 24 September 2017

Hi Angela M, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was less than relaxing, I do hope you mentioned that the volume of the music was too loud during your visit as we are always happy to turn it down on anyone's request. I have taken your review to our Activities Manager to bring to the attention of the lifeguards; while they do take their jobs seriously, they also like to have a bit of fun and I can see how this might look to you the customer.

We have been busy lately with the end of season skiers flocking to the Mackenzie, and I do hope you will give us another chance if you are passing through this way again - maybe you'll find it more peaceful at a different time of year :)

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

After a busy day this is a great place to visit and soak away those aches and pains. Try your hand at skating or luge too and you'll have had a full day of fun and bruises (if you're an amateur like me).

Management response:Responded 10 September 2017

Hi Due_South_Films, thank you for the review! Great to hear you had a wonderful day at the Springs, and the hot pools are just the ticket to soak away any aches especially after a day of skiing or snow tubing!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Was lots of fun, we went with our 8 yr old and infant. Dad and child went tubing heaps of fun worth doing. Went swimming was relaxing nice warm. However family room had not been cleaned as bin was half full dirty nappies we arrived soon as it opened. Changing table had dirty wipes on it. We hired towels as we forgot ours and they smelled really bad so take your own towels. They had swimmer nappies to buy in singles so that was great. Free wifi. Lockers $3.00 and tube for two and swim for 3 was $120 infant free.

Management response:Responded 10 September 2017

Hi KylieBruce, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear that the family change room was not in a good state during your visit, I hope you mentioned it to our Reception staff so that we could rectify it!

I'm surprised by your comments regarding our towels, they are always washed with a nice, mildly-scented washing liquid and dried in a dryer so they are not left sitting around damp. Again, I hope you brought this to the attention of our front desk staff, they would have been happy to swap towels for you if they did smell bad!

I hope you will give us another chance and we see you again soon :)

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Time slows down soaking in one of the hot pools here. Very calm and stunning location to soak up the view. A great experience.

Management response:Responded 10 September 2017

Hi ActionAdventurer, thank you so much for your review! It's so beautiful here in Tekapo, especially from the relaxing hot pools! We hope to see you back sometime soon :)

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience at tekapo hot springs. Lovely place, so relaxing. Enjoyed after snowboarding at round hill.
Almost left something valuable in a locker. Remembered in time. I was fortunate enough that Sonia (the best employee at tepals hot springs..! :) ) was kindly able to unlock my locker for me so I could get my item (GoPro camera).

I am very thankful and grateful.

Cannot recommend this place enough.
10 stars.
Great people. Great location.

Kurt (australia)

Management response:Responded 3 September 2017

Hi Kurt W, thank you for the lovely review! I have passed on your kind words regarding Sonia and she was delighted to hear that she made your day! We're so glad that you loved the experience and look forward to having you back on your next trip across the ditch :)