“Now really vegan friendly - impressive ”
Review of The Taproom

The Taproom
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is The Taproom - the place to meet your friends, relax and enjoy great food and drink in an atmosphere which suits your mood. We believe that once you've experienced the ambience, enjoyed a relaxing meal and sampled our wines and beers you'll want to come back for more, again and again....We want to keep it that way!
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We like chilled Sunday lunches here. Now that they have launched a credible vegan menu in addition to their core main menu well be coming here more often. It's excellent, all the food was good and cooked / presented with care , I'm very impressed this well run bar has quality like this.
Now .. if only there was more craft beer on tap (Magic Rocks , Cloudwater, Firebrand etcetc) this would be a dream location but as it is its the best bar / dining in the area and very lovely staff & team.
Thank you Tap room!

1  Thank theposh
Stacey L, Manager at The Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Good Evening theposh

Thank you for this amazing review.

Your praise for all aspects of our business is very appreciated by all our staff. We are so impressed with how well our vegan menu has been received and seeing reviews like yours make us very proud of it.

We can look at getting these products in bottles if you would be interested but craft beers have never sold well when we have tried them on draught previously.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Stacey

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We visited for dinner based on Tripadvisor recommendations and weren't disappointed. Not exactly a pub atmosphere, but a decent blend of restaurant and modern bar. Staff helpful and no long waits for service. Food decent and a better selection of beers than I expected for a modern bar/restaurant. Would go again.

1  Thank Jez D
Stacey L, Manager at The Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Good Evening Jez D

I am so pleased that you visited us because of Tripadvisor reviews. That really makes us feel proud. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The Taproom is a nice, clean and modern place. It has been in St. Ives town for as long as I can remember and it’s not somewhere I would usually go for lunch. Drinks occasionally, but not lunch.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw they had a new vegan menu on. I’ve sampled several dishes from the menu and they have all been really great. The bean burger is very nice, optional sautéed mushrooms and 1/4 avocado is a must. Their vegan chilli is also very very good and they sprinkle their homemade ‘parmesan’ cheese on which has a lovely rich flavour. I had the vegan chilli with the nachos, the only comment I would make with the nachos is that the Parmesan, although lovely in flavour, slightly dried out the dish, so optional salsa, or more fresh guacamole to go with everything as a whole would make it better. But all in all, the food was delicious.
Drinks are plentiful and varied, I had a passion fruit Bellini which was nice. Staff have been friendly and attentive every time.

I will be going there far more often for lunch & dinner and will be recommending the new menu to everyone!

Good job guys!

2  Thank Frankie N

Good evening Frankie N

We are so pleased that our new menu is going down well and that people like yourself show their love for it on here. I will pass all your feedback to our kitchen staff.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Always have the a good time when coming to the tap room, whatever the reason or company. During the day this is the place i would bring my parents for a drink, during the night this is where i would go to have a fun night out.
Great selection of drinks, all the times ive had food its been good, nice seating.
In my opinion the best place to go in St Ives.
P.s only thing that isn't great is outdoor seating

Good evening camtayl0r

Thank you for this amazing review. We love knowing that we appeal to such a varied audience and to know that we get your repeat custom is a bonus.

We would love to know how you think we can improve our outside, please drop us an email sometime with your views.

Stacey

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Great cocktails, good vibe and reasonable. Had a lovely few hours there yesterday. Wish it was local to us, looked like locals frequented the place and it's easy to see why.

1  Thank 487louiseb
Stacey L, Manager at The Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Afternoon Louise B

Thank you for the lovely review. Sorry to hear we are not local to you but I do hope you will be back in the near future to revisit us.