“In a word - WOW!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Dinner was fantastic, and service was first rate. White linen, but reasonable prices. Fun waiter who was also all about proper service. He recommended a wonderful dry Moscato from Trento to go with my Calamatto (grilled baby squid) dish and it was all divine. It was such an amazing place in this quiet little village (my preference over the noise and chaos of Venice). I would dine here again in a minute and try everything on the menu.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I came here to work in Venice but Venice being a tourist trap I decided to stay at Anthony hotel and get a rental car. Glad I did because had I not done so I would not have found this place. I had a starter, dinner, desert and local beer. Amazing. Simply amazing. Very friendly staff, spoke good english and best of all only local people here.
I recommend especially the almond cake, best one I ever had!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

In the past 25 years of my travels to Italy this restaurant rates in the top three. I had a delicious lunch with three friends outoday. The astarter was a delicious culaccia, a superior prosciutto, that melted in our mouths. Our second course was a tortellini in brodo di gallina, and it was the best I've ever eaten of this dish. Finally, we enjoyed bollito misto that had a mixture of various meats. Our wine was a Carmenera, a cab. Franc, that accompanied the food perfectly. Service was perfect and the ambiance was great. Desert consisted of pastry delicacies that are made during the carnivale in Venice. A selection of brandies and grappas were also available. Any time that I'm in the area I will return and recommend it to friends who are staying near the Marco Polo airport outside Venice.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

A great restaurant nearby our hotel. Very tasty food and wine and reasonable prices. The waiters were very serviceminded and friendly.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2016

We were staying overnight at hotel Anthony and stopped here for something to eat on a Saturday night. Advertised as "down home" cooking. Somewhat limited menu, but it was the best food I had in the 2 weeks I was in Italy. Excellent lamb chops. Not cheap, but reasonable. 4 glasses of wine, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts ran $60 euros. It can get crowded on the weekends, so reservations are recommended. Only complaint was the credit card machine was broken, so I had to walk across the street to an ATM machine. Locals place, think we were the only tourists there.

Date of visit: March 2016