“Food was good but expensive, lacking in ambience”

Antica Fenice Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Campalto
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Waiter was helpful at first, we ordered our starter which was very tasty, we asked for some extra bread which was clearly an irritation as the small amount of bread left was tipped off the platter on to the table by the waiter!! The remainder of the meal was of good quality but unfortunately the atmosphere was tense.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

As I was staying at Antica Fenice hotel, I decided to have a quick meal at the restaurant with no expectation. To my surprise, they serve up the best pasta I have ever eaten in my life ( absolutely no exaggeration) - and I have tried a couple of Michelin star restaurants. Every dish was prepared to perfection. The prawns were fresh, sweet and flavorful. The seafood carousel is world class. The wine pairing recommendation with the food was also spot on. As I was enjoying my food, I noticed that one of the diners was none other than Italian Football Legend Filippo Inzaghi. I believe this is great testimony to the restaurant as it attracts high profile diners. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Unespected surprise "in the middle of nowhere". We had dinner in the inner verandah. The menu is varied and the Maitre helps you to chose a meal that you may most like. And so does the Wine Master. All is very nicely prepared and presented and the quality of food and wine are superb and "something different". From entréè to dessert all is carefully looked after, including the matching of the most adequate wine. Owners are very nice Professionals, (and twins) and Last but not the least the pets are welcome and looked after too.

1  Thank Trieste_ItalyMch
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We visited without any expectations, but the food here turned out to be the best we've had for a long time.

The atmosphere is homely. The service is excellent. The food was creative and, of course, extremely delicious. In fact, I've lost my words over it, so I shall summed my experience up in a few words: excellent service, tremendous food and a very reasonable price.

I would definitely come back for more fine Italian cuisine, and I would very much recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank wai yee c
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay with a Lidl just across the road for neccessaties. All staff were very nice and very helpful especially around planning trips into Venice itself. Gave accurate and correct information regarding buses, tickets prices and provides us with an easy use map with everything circles for us to see. Although the rooms were basic the hotel was always clean and tidy with beds and towels being changed daily. We also ate at the Restraunt and the food was amazing. Even had a complimentary starter. A friendly and approachable family run business where nothing was too much trouble. Do watch out for the city tax being applied to your bill as we were charged €14 extra (not sure what this is or why we had to pay) but feel it's something we should have been advised at the check in as it did come as a shock when checking out. Would stay there again if we are ever lucky enough to go back.