All reviews amazing views stayed longer beautiful place suite recommendation cheese montalcino val hospitality pool drive
Reviewed 23 July 2018

A beautiful place in the Val D'Orcia. This place is amazing. We stayed for 4 nights at Locanda Vesuna and wish we had stayed longer. We stayed in one of their suites - a typical Tuscan style room with amazing views out of all windows. The suite would suit a family of 4 but we used the second room for our clothes! The rooms were cleaned everyday and I am sure new sheets and towels everyday too! Fridge in room that is very handy!
The pool is a short walk from the building, soo peaceful and quiet for a few lazy days! Both Luca's were so friendly, we were made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived. The very fact that they took the time to talk and get to know you was great(which you wouldnt possibly get in large hotels)
We did book in advance for a meal in their court yard. Lovely Tuscan cooking - in fact that was everywhere in Tuscany we didnt have a bad meal!.
Breakfasts were good. A great selection of meats, cheese and cake!
My only recommendations would be maybe have some beer to buy after a hard days relaxing by the pool! Or an Aperol Spritz!
I have to say we were sad to leave and if I could be transported there now I would!
Thank you for your hospitality. We had the best holiday!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JCNottingham
Fabiana U, AD at Locanda Vesuna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear JCNottingham,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Locanda Vesuna and also for having taken the time to share your experience.

It is our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to make their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible, so you can imagine how glad I am each time a valued guest takes a moment to let me know how much he enjoyed his stay with us.

I am very pleased to see from your ratings that your last stay was to your general satisfaction.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Locanda Vesuna again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Greetings from Val D'Orcia

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Very quiet, beautifully located, clean and with amazing views to typical Tuscany landscape. Large pool. Breakfasts with a good selcetion though I missed the eggs. Easy parking, wifi available. Option to have dinner - you have to pre-booked.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Fabiana U, AD at Locanda Vesuna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Daniel S,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Locanda Vesuna during your visit to Tuscany and for having taken the time to share your review.

I was very happy to know that you had an overall amazing time and that you were very pleased with our accommodations, location and service provided.

Thank you also for the tips reported for our guests.

It will be a pleasure to share your kind words with all of our personnel.

We look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you back to the Locanda Vesuna

Greetings from Val D'Orcia

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved Locanda Vesuna and did not want to leave. Incredible views. It is at the top of a hill with 360 views of heavenly rolling hills and hilltop towns. Beautiful clean pool, well manicured grounds, helpful friendly staff. I would love to return.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This is like real paradise- quiet remote beautiful place. Big old villa, very clean with the most responsive, helpful and caring host you could imagine (Thank you, Monica)).
Advice: order dinner before you come to the location- it will surely be delicious, homemade and Tuscan.
One more advice: If your voucher said it is Piensa - do not try to look for Piensa address in your GPS navigator- its Trequanda, (otherwise you would need to call Monica to pick you up in Pienza). Pienza is the nearest town, which is about 6 kms from Locanda Vesuna. Montepulciano is 16 kms, Montalcino is 26 kms from the place - these are all small towns nearby all worth visiting.
Parking lot, pool, jacuzzi.
Homemade olive oil for sale)

Room Tip: It seems like any room would be good
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank A V
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Incredibly relaxing, stunning scenery, perfect in every way. Monica even cooked dinner for us which was delicious . The service from her was exemplary . We came away de-stressed and very happy.

• Stayed: August 2014