All reviewshalf boardbreakfast and dinnerpastameal plantime sharewine tourtennis courtssmall towncourse mealold millnew friendsrental caryogurtliving areatimeshare exchangefour coursesno air conditioning
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Wow just got back to the states from a week long visit to Tuscany. We stayed here the entire time. As the week progressed we all felt more at home there and treated like family.

Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were better than expected for a reconditioned old mill.

Breakfast was standard fare, but the dinners were excellent.

The entire family and staff were always available and generous with their time. it was clear they wanted nothing more than to make sure we were happy and had everything we needed.

We scheduled the wine tour which left directly from the residence. Don't miss this!!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
RESIDENCELAFERRIERA, Proprietario at Residence La Ferriera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you Douglas, it was a pleasure.

Warmly,

Virginia & La Ferriera STAFF

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing place!!! The town is gorgeous and the residence is so charming!!! Everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. The food is outstanding! Don’t miss the tour of wine country with Benjamin! All of the wait staff are lovely and friendly. Virginia and Tomas, thank you for a wonderful week!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Big Hug and See you soon I hope

Virginia & Tommaso

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

For this being an RCI timeshare I was pretty happy and comfortable here. It's an old flour mill and has a rich history. Within walking distance to the cute little town. Just be aware that most places don't open til 9amish or later close at noon and open again at 3pm. Beautiful waterfall on the property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank ladyzire
RESIDENCELAFERRIERA, Proprietario at Residence La Ferriera, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Nothing is true.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The town of Loro Cuifenna is purely magical and La Ferriera is a very special place to stay. When we walked into town, I immediately thought I had walked onto a movie set. The town is charming. The lodging itself is so welcoming and truly felt like home for our stay. The location couldn’t have been better. About an hour away in every direction were a wonderful places to explore, Florence, Sienna, Pisa, Arezzo, San Gimignano, Rapolano with its amazing thermal baths, Lucca, the list goes on and on. It is a perfect base to explore the region and a wonderful place to come home to every night. I was hesitant when I first found out that we needed to purchase the food package as I wanted to explore the area restaurants (we did at lunch) however it worked out to be one of my favorite things about staying there as after a long full day of exploring we were tired and it was such a pleasure to walk across the courtyard and have an incredibly delicious 4 course meal. We all could drink the fabulous local wines (the wine selections are fantastic too) and not worry about getting into a car and driving back to our lodging. It was heavenly.
The food at the restaurant was amazing. And the entire staff was incredible and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and cater to our every need, often without even having to ask. The staff at the restaurant, Simone, Grazia, Lucca was wonderful and made our dining experience perfect. They were helpful, engaging and knew so much about the food, history and matching wines. The morning breakfast staff were wonderful too but unfortunately, I didn’t catch their names but they also bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. And boy do they make a yummy cappuccino. And what can I say about Virginia, from the moment I received my first email reply from her to the last hug as we were leaving, Virginia was the most incredibly helpful and accommodating hostess that anyone could ask for. She gave us so many helpful tips. We were there celebrating a special birthday for my husband and she arranged for their baker to bake us an amazing sponge cake with Chantilly cream and fresh strawberries and kiwi fruit. I will dream of that cake for years it was so light and delicious. Grazie Mille Virginia for all that you did for us to make our trip one that will remain a wonderful memory for many years to come.
Another wonderful aspect of the resort is due to the fact that it is so small and that most people take dinner in the restaurant, everyone got to know their fellow diners and it was fun to share highlights of our days with one another and get tips on local things too.
Loro Cuifenna and La Ferriera and the lovely people of Tuscany stole our hearts. I hope one day that we can return to this magical place and make more memories. Arrivederci for now.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TinaOceanside

Tina it was a pleasure and thank you for your wanderful words. We hope you will be back soon dear, don't forget to write me, we will check toghether your next visit here in Tuscany.

Virginia & La Ferriera STAFF

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This trip was intended to be the trip of a lifetime, my retirement trip. I wanted it to be unique and special and it didn’t disappoint. Residence La Ferriera is in the town of Loro Ciuffenna, in Tuscany. It is a rustic resort that is extremely well located for taking day trips. Having a car is a must but that provided a lot of flexibility on where we wanted to go. It’s an hour’s drive from Florence. Previous reviews have stated that if you are looking for a 5 star hotel experience, this may not be your best choice. While they aren’t wrong, this resort is very comfortable and had everything we could have wanted. My parents would have loved this place. This was exactly the kind of resort they sought ought on their European travels. It was part of their experience. We came too early in the season to use the lovely swimming pool but the waterfall and running water were spectacular. The air was clean and crisp and I kept my windows open at night. It was some of the best sleeping weather I have experienced traveling.

One of the reasons we picked the resort (besides a lot of very favorable reviews) was that they offered a half board meal plan (they serve both breakfast and dinner). The meals there were superb (thank you, Massamo). You didn’t have to worry about restaurant choices or not enjoying the outstanding wines there because you had to drive. And for me they took great care with my Celiacs disease and had gluten free meals for me every day. For those planning on visiting they offer cooking classes twice a week (Tuesday and Friday). We had a ball doing this. We fixed a three course meal with the Massamo (forgive me if I am not spelling it right). He went thru every detail and you get a copy of the recipes afterwards. Be forewarned - don’t eat lunch that day and plan on a late dinner as the three course meal you prepare is actually for you to eat.

The resort also has it’s own wine store and will ship wine back to the US for you should you find a wine there you can’t get back in the states. The Amarone was our favorite.

Finally, I would like to compliment them on the outstanding staff who takes care of you - Virginia, Tommaso, Simon, Grazia, Luca (I am forgetting one - the gentleman who always made our caffe lattes). These people are the ones who make this experience special.

Virginia - thank you for such a wonderful vacation. It was all I hoped it would be. We arrived back exhausted but exhilarated as we saw and did so much (day trips to Pienza, Arrezo, Montepulciano, Florence, Siena and the Castillo di Barolio). I highly recommend your resort for anyone wanting to visit Tuscany.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Jeanne, I love your words and I hope you will be back here soon. Don't forget to write me soon.

Virginia