All reviews half board breakfast and dinner meal plan pasta wine tour time share course meal small town tennis courts old mill new friends no air conditioning yogurt beautiful resort rental car the wait staff cooking class
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We found the service to be Excellent! The staff was very friendly and cordial and informative about places to go and visit. Virginia lived up to the positive comments we read prior to our arrival. The location was very good we were able to visit different places within one hour or hour and a half time. The River in the facility is absolutely beautiful and the waterfall just breath taking. The food was very good, Grace and Simone our dinner waiters made our dinner experience enjoyable. In the morning for breakfast can't remember their names but the gentlemen were also super friendly and helpful whenever we asked about areas we wanted to visit or wine tasting. The breakfast is similar to a continental breakfast. The room was clean and the apartment (#19) was perfect size for our group of 4. The only suggestion we have for the apartment is perhaps a piece of furniture in the rooms to place incidentals such as cosmetics, jewelry, medicine, etc. The room facing the River next to the reception office was a bit dark, it could use some more lighting specially at night. Our overall experience in La Ferriera was WONDERFUL!

Room tip: Room next to the Receiption office was convenient.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RESIDENCELAFERRIERA, Proprietario at Residence La Ferriera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

I remember very well dear your words and suggestions!!! See you again soon dear with all of your Group

:-)
Kisses

Reviewed 18 January 2018

First, I want to say we enjoyed our stay and the people are very pleasant. The location allowed us to visit numerous sites which was also nice. I loved sleeping to the sound of the waterfall there. The only negative thing I have to say was the one time we ate at the restaurant . The food was good but the portions served was the smallest I have ever seen. I paid $16 for a meal that consisted of 3 pieces of ravioli and one large shrimp. It amounted to 10 normal bites. After you pay for napkins and tablecloth it came to $2.00 a bite. Go there, just don't eat there. Just being honest.

Room tip: We had room 12. It was nice.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Randy H

Hi Randy and ahahahahah about your message especially for the restaurant time. I hope to see you again soon dear.

Big Hug

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Residence La Ferriera during the week of Christmas with my husband and two sons. We enjoyed the peaceful setting and helpful staff. We were able to visit Florence, Rome, Siena, and several smaller towns from this location. Since we exchanged through Interval International, we were required to purchase the half board plan, breakfast and dinner. Dinner was excellent, and they were flexible about changes due to food allergies.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Extraordinary746610

Thank you dear very much about your words. Your message is very important and I hope to see you again soon.

Kisses and Big Hug from La Ferriera Staff

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Beautiful setting in the mountains and the village of Loro Ciuffenna is exactly what you would picture when you think of Tuscany. It was fun to explore. We took two lane roads across the mountains to Chianti and Siena. We stopped at a couple castles but it was mid-December so they were not open. It was easy to get to Florence by train once we found the train station in Montevarchi. We only ate at the restaurant once and the portions were small for our adult sons. There was more presentation than actual food. Best place for Wi-Fi is on the patio outside the office. Virginia was very helpful when we left something in our room after we had checked out. We would stay here again. It was nice to be away from the crowded big cities.

Room tip: Unit with two bedrooms and a pullout couch worked well for the five of us. We had plenty of room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you dear and I hope to see you again soon, if you decide to come back why not in other season write me and we will check the best options for you, certainly in a spring summer you will find all wineryes open and will be perfect!!

Big Hug

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my family of 6: my mom, grandma, grandpa, aunt, best friend and myself. We stayed for 7 nights the week of Thanksgiving. The property is located in a quaint Italian village in beautiful Tuscany. We were told that it’s an old mill. The water still runs through a small creek and tiny waterfall on the side of the main building. That’s where our room was! Lovely view from apartment #7, and I rather enjoyed hearing the waterfall at night. Personally helped me to sleep soundly. Took a while for the heat to circulate through our 2BR apartment. We inquired and were advised by staff to keep all the doors shut at all times. That indeed worked to trap the heat. We exchanged through our timeshare program, Interval, and were therefore mandated to purchase the half board which included breakfast and dinner for the entire stay. 275 euros. I enjoyed the breakfast. It was a healthy and small buffet that included cold meats, cheese, boiled eggs, sliced tomatoes, assorted pastries, bread for toast, cereal milk, fresh fruit, and juice. I drank a cappuccino every morning! Dinners were hit or miss. It all really depends on ones personal tastes. Usually there is something or another you can find to eat, just perhaps not every single course. The steak bisteca was very flavorful but cooked rare and not what I’m used to. So I didn’t finish it. The pork dishes were tasty as were any chicken and seafood dishes. Pastas were always a safe 1st course after an appetizer. Desserts were again hit or miss. Some were absolutely delicious! Like the chocolate mousse, and the panna cotta were amazing. Wine selection was majority tannic and dry so we drank moscato everyday, and had Prosecco once as our welcome drink. Our waiter Nico was very pleasant and hard working. Virginia at the front desk was very helpful. I was able to communicate with her via e-mail months prior to our trip to ensure a comfortable stay. Overall would stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ShanJay82
RESIDENCELAFERRIERA, Proprietario at Residence La Ferriera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you dear, I remember very well you with your big family, very nice to meet you and yes I hope with you to come back here again soon.

Kisses and Merry Christmas