See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2018

The hotel is renowned for the quality of its restaurant. Indeed their buffet breakfast is small but good quality. Great variety of conserve, and muesli/fruits/nuts, and teas. Hand-made cappuccino is very good. You can order eggs, although they don’t do omelets (they offer scrambled eggs instead, to which you can add mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese, etc).

Our room was quite small, although we had chosen that one because of its low rate. It was not designed for 2 people with big suitcases. Good storage space, with small fridge and safe (that was too small for my laptop). Great bathroom, with shower that works perfectly, easily adjustable, and enough room to move around (in the shower, and in the bathroom). Room was nicely cleaned. Free parking next to the hotel.

Polite and helpful personnel, who do their best to help you in spite of the language barrier.

Very good hotel, I would certainly return, but would take a larger room.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2018

A nice hotel in a nice town. Very good location, convinient parking. Our room was clean , new, renovated. It was our second time here. This time our room was nicer and more comfortable. Good breakfast, but we didn' feel welcoming!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is new, clean and has a very good location. Normally I could give 5 points but I travel a lot and I made some strict rules to compare the places fairly. The main rule is: I revoke one points from the 5 for each important issues thats are made my stay less comfortable. Here was two.

I was on business trip i stayed only one night. There was only one single room left. This single bed room was the smallest I ever seen. My feeling was near to a sleep cabin of a train. The problem with this, you have to take your things to another place if you are want to use the furnitures. I had to work and the chair was unusable for longer time at the table. And the wifi restricted all the VPN and voip ports.

Maybe the bigger rooms are OK.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Beautiful hotel, fairly recent renovation. Our room had a large double bed and a couch that unfolded into a very comfortable bed. Large bathroom with separate walk-in shower.
Small refrigerator and safe in the room. No A/C in the room and it was HOT. The bedside lamps are not useable for reading in bed unless you lean way off to the side. Great pillow. There is outdoor seating for the restaurant downstairs so room can be noisy with the windows open. Truly excellent breakfast. Every staff person we had contact with was delightful. Great location convenient to everything.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2017

We've found Bischoffs hotel online and it was much better than expected. In the heart of the small town of Bad Urach, it is a family owned hotel that has been fully reconstructed in 2016 and opened just before the end of the year. Very modern rooms (18 rooms), relatively small, but perfect for a few nights stay. The bathroom is clean and very nice with a large size shower.
Breakfast is included and very tasty!
We have had the chance to meet the family who runs the hotel as they are there every day active in the management of the hotel.
Highly recommended!