“Good food, average beer”

Monteverde Beer House
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Monteverde Beer House located in the heart of Santa Elena / Monteverde cloud forest little town, and offers a variety of middle eastern food as well of Craft Draft local beer.
Reviewed 4 August 2018

We stopped in during an afternoon downpour and had lunch. Was excited to try a Costa Rican craft beer but was disappointed with the beer quality. The food, especially the garlic fries, very tasty! My son really enjoyed the peanut banana smoothie. The staff was friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was very nice for a small place.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place walking around. The vegetarian shakshuka was really good. One of the best veggie meals I’ve had in Costa Rica. The ambience is nice. It’s a little pricey but it was a really big portion and nice to have something different. I’d recommend it highly.

1  Thank oak2world
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Really nice welcome from the owner who is very proud of this fine establishment, selling great beer and nice food it’s small in size but has lots of personality and is good for low cost eating and drinks

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Went there with a friend on a Thursday evening and had a blast. The staff was a little bit busy at first but then the owner was super friendly and took good care of us. We tried different of their artisanal beers and were amazed by the Chili Beer. You gotta try it! The music, the food and indoor design were great. Even though I lost my game of Chess against my friend, I recommend this place to everybody!

1  Thank SimRob78
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I super did not expect a place called "Monteverde Beer House" to my favorite meal in Costa Rica, but that's what happened.

I am all for Mediterranean food in a Latin setting. And if craft beer comes with it, well, I'm OK with that, too.

And if you're not into beer, that's totally fine because it has the best mint lemonade I've ever had. I'm not exaggerating. That bad boy was GREEN from all the minty goodness. This was the first place I had a shakshuka. We liked it enough we came back the next night and I enjoyed a delicious kebab.

Would totally go back if in the area!

1  Thank idlewanderlust