“Lovely icecream”

Jackson Orchards
Ranked #29 of 52 things to do in Cromwell
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Jackson Orchards is mainly a Stonefruit Orchard based just outside of Cromwell in Central Otago. We offer an Orchard Tour where we take you around our 35ha property showing you what we do here! We also have a shop opened year around which is our outlet for our fresh fruit, veges, real fruit ice creams, smoothies & juices, honey, and other produce.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped here whilst travelling home from Cromwell, nice fresh fruit and the ice creams looked so good so we opted for one of those too. Pleased we did, they were very nice, mine I had with frozen yoghurt which I really enjoyed and reccomend!

All reviews
"apple"
"stone"
"honey"

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I was a bit disappointed with the range and amount of fruit & fruit products. The opposition down the road has double the choice and a lovely garden. The icecream however was very good and it is good to have a choice of frozen yoghurt.

JacksonOrchards, Admin at Jackson Orchards, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hi Nonapama, Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the range - it's the middle of fruit season, so at this time of year we have apricots, peaches, nectarines, greengages, plums, apples, pears - plus many other seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables - as well as a huge selection of chutney's, relishes, sauces, dried fruit and other snacks. So it seems strange that you think we don't have much selection - could you please let us know what you think is missing? We can pass it onto the store manager. Your comments can only help us improve our product selection and customer service. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your ice cream - and we hope you are happy to return and try us again next time.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Their real fruit ice creams here are just delightful and delicious. You can get either ice cream or frozen yoghurt. Very tasty & delicious!

Thanks for your review! We hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Not so good today....we have bought many ice creams here but today sadly portion size had way too much variance. A large was purchased but the girl delivered a very small ice cream - I had noticed while waiting that the girl operating on the left hand side machine was delivering ice creams bigger than the girl on the right.... I know you are busy but consistent size still needs to happen.......today I didn’t get what I paid for

Hi Julz - Thanks for your message. I am really sorry to hear that you experienced some inconsistencies with the size of the ice cream. We value your feedback as it only helps us improve our customer service. We have had some new staff over the summer period, and some of them still require further training - which we will arrange accordingly.

In the meantime, please feel free to call us on 03 445 0596 so we can either arrange a refund - or if you prefer - we would LOVE to give you x2 ice cream vouchers so you can try us again :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Bought some "Mixed Size" Christmas Cherries online and phoned Jackson's Orchards and got confirmation the cherries are excellent and some 5 Star Restaurants in Auckland also order from them.
When the cherries were received, most of the cherries are alright size ranging from 18mm to 26mm. However there was two particular 5kg boxes that contained almost all around 20mm size cherries lots under 20mm, no bigger than the supermarket cherries that is selling for $15 per kg!
I have written to complain that I expected it to be at least better than supermarket 2nd grade cherries but received reply that she specifically said its mixed size cherries.

SO THOSE THAT ARE CONSIDERING PURCHASING ONLINE CHERRIES, DON'T BE SUPPRISED TO RECEIVE SUPERMARKET CHEERIES THAT IS FOR SALE FOR $15 PER KG AS AT THE DATE I RECEIVED THEM.