“MUST DO!”

Highlands Motorsport Park
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Cromwell
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Highlands is a destination for everyone. A truly international 5 star facility, it boasts multiple ways to experience the circuit at speed from McLaren’s to Porsche’s, is home to the best outdoor go-kart circuit in the southern hemisphere, showcases a safari dirt buggy adventure complete with 18ft dinosaurs and safari animals and a national motorsport museum. Onsite is also a new Cafe and unique wine adventure, that is incomparable with anything else in the region and all of this is encompassed in a breathtaking setting. Ideal for groups, families and individuals - there is no such thing as a bad day at Highlands. A passion for Motorsport is not necessary, but a sense of adventure is.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Top quality experience, even for those who aren’t much into cars or racing it’s fantastic.

Do yourself a favour and get in that Ferrari...

Date of experience: November 2018
in 7 reviews
"on display"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 12 November 2018

I am not a car enthusiast, but I had arranged to go there as my husband enjoys vintage cars. To my surprise, I actually loved it. It was spacious, clean, good service, good coffee and we got to do a bit of car racing, which obviously I came last in. Nevertheless, it was more than walking around and looking at cars. There is a beautiful outdoor area to sit back and relax, enjoy the views, enjoy high speed cars being driven on the track, took many pictures with cars I could only dream of, and most importantly, I am very happy when I am greeted with a smile, and really that is all I need to make my experience anywhere a memorable one.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 9 November 2018

We were picked up from our hotel (The Rees) and were taken to the park. Very informative ride thanks to Andy he was awesome. We started with a little confusion between what we thought we were getting and what we actually got. Due to the booking people not the park. We started in the museum which was very well set out, with some amazing cars. My 10yr old son and I then ventured onto the go-kart track. This was also very well set out. After finishing there we wandered back up to the main building for my son to have the Ferrari hot lap. He loved it!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Outstanding motor racing complex in a wonderful Central Otago location. The staff were friendly and accommodating at every turn. A couple of hot laps, in a Porsche Cayenne turbo and then in a 488 Ferrari gave the adrenaline glands a work out. Followed up with some go karting and a visit to their excellent race car museum made for a great day. Will be back to track my sons Subaru WRX Club Spec one day soon I'm sure!

Date of experience: October 2018
285josies, General Manager at Highlands Motorsport Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Thanks for the awesome feedback!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the wrx soon!

Kindest