Highlands - Experience the Exceptional

from US$131.06
from US$289.21
from US$94.45
More Info
All reviews go karts race track hot lap taxi ride fast laps car museum porsche cayenne mini golf great fun great museum great track blown away great place to visit well worth the visit motorsport carts cars
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2018

I am not a car enthusiast, but I had arranged to go there as my husband enjoys vintage cars. To my surprise, I actually loved it. It was spacious, clean, good service, good coffee and we got to do a bit of car racing, which obviously I came last in. Nevertheless, it was more than walking around and looking at cars. There is a beautiful outdoor area to sit back and relax, enjoy the views, enjoy high speed cars being driven on the track, took many pictures with cars I could only dream of, and most importantly, I am very happy when I am greeted with a smile, and really that is all I need to make my experience anywhere a memorable one.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 9 November 2018

We were picked up from our hotel (The Rees) and were taken to the park. Very informative ride thanks to Andy he was awesome. We started with a little confusion between what we thought we were getting and what we actually got. Due to the booking people not the park. We started in the museum which was very well set out, with some amazing cars. My 10yr old son and I then ventured onto the go-kart track. This was also very well set out. After finishing there we wandered back up to the main building for my son to have the Ferrari hot lap. He loved it!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Outstanding motor racing complex in a wonderful Central Otago location. The staff were friendly and accommodating at every turn. A couple of hot laps, in a Porsche Cayenne turbo and then in a 488 Ferrari gave the adrenaline glands a work out. Followed up with some go karting and a visit to their excellent race car museum made for a great day. Will be back to track my sons Subaru WRX Club Spec one day soon I'm sure!

Date of experience: October 2018
285josies, General Manager at Highlands - Experience the Exceptional, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Thanks for the awesome feedback!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the wrx soon!

Kindest
Josie

Reviewed 30 October 2018

An amazing car collection and well explained museum with lots of detail as to the cars on display and a lot about New Zealand Motor racing History

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

At $25 it's the most I would want to pay. You do get to look at some cool vehicles, and you can walk right around them. An hour was all I needed but if you want to read everything then you will need longer. Very nice facility and grounds. You get a guide book to keep with your admission fee, some local advertising but some useful information about the museum and team.