Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience Thorpe Park
from US$49.49
More Info
10,866 results
All reviews tidal wave theme park nemesis inferno angry birds water rides loggers leap shark hotel big rides burger king thrill seekers flying fish rumba rapids school holidays went straight longest queue food outlets popular rides
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Staff member named Fraser on Rumba Rapids! So funny & straightforward about everything. Deserves a recognition.

Date of experience: June 2021
ThorpeParkUKOfficial, Manager at Thorpe Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Hi Katie!

Thank you so much for leaving us a 5* review here at THORPE PARK Resort!

We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with the customer service you received from Frazer and that you enjoyed your time on Rumba Rapids!

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2021

2 adults and one child visited Thorpe Park on a Tuesday, hoping to take advantage of an inset day and expecting it to be quiet. How wrong we were - the average age of the guests was about 16; I guess colleges have broken up for summer. The result was a queue of around 90 minutes to get in, plus the queue-jumpers who weren't dealt with by staff, which I found quite frustrating - being offered a punch-up at 11:00 by teenagers isn't an ideal way to start the day when you confront them on it.

Anyway, once we were in, we were quite excited to go on as many rides as we could. I understand COVID protocols necessitate enhanced cleaning, but the "main attractions" such as Stealth, Nemesis Inferno and so on all had 90 minute + queue times throughout the day. The queues weren't managed either; whilst there were markings on the floor indicating social distancing, it wasn't enforced. It's one thing to take responsibility for your own group, but having to constantly remind teenagers to back up gets quite draining. I felt there was plenty more that Thorpe Park could have done - the place seemed quite crowded to me, which is surprising as I'd assumed there would be capacity limits.

The rides were fine, and they were fun, but my main gripe was the general absence of any COVID-secure protocols being followed (I checked the Thorpe Park website and maintain they are not doing many of the things they say they will do - for example, the contactless payment was broken on the vending machines, which meant we had to queue indoors with nobody wearing masks and in full view of staff). My wife and I have both been contacted by Test & Trace and are now isolating following contact with a confirmed case there, so perhaps that speaks volumes in itself.

So I guess in summary - I feel that in my opinion, Thorpe Park is not COVID-secure; I witnessed many occurrences of guests not following protocols \ guidelines and staff not enforcing them, and right now I would not recommend the experience to anyone (unless you fancy self-isolating for 10 days afterwards like us!). The rides were great, and to their credit they were cleaning them thoroughly after every ride, but the long queue times and crowds mean that I'd personally recommend giving this a miss for now.

1  Thank ndf9876

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here at THORPE PARK Resort.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to the island. Apologies that it seemed too busy and that there were long queues. I can confirm that we are operating under a reduced capacity. On the way into the park we carry out bag and temperature checks to ensure the safety of our guests and this can cause a queue to form. We also have a number for additional health and safety measures in place, such as social distancing on rides and regular cleaning of rides, which can cause longer queue rides to form. We do apologise that this impacted your visit.

Apologies for the behaviour that you experienced in the queue. We do not tolerate queue jumping or aggressive behaviour whilst on the resort. If a member of our staff is informed our security team will deal with this accordingly. We do rely on our guests informing us of this and we do thank you for doing so.

We do apologise that there did not seem to be enough social distancing or Covid-19 safety measures on the day. The markers are there to allow for social distancing and our staff do enforce this too. We also have hand sanitiser stations around the park and require guests to wear masks indoors and on rides.

If you would like to discuss you day further, please send us an email (customer.services@thorpe-park.co.uk) stating your case number (7327580).

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Great day, bit of a queue to get in with all of the security checks, we didn’t take any bags, the queue for security checks with bags is much longer. I highly recommend the fast track tickets, I purchased 4 (1 with the initial ticket) and 3 on the day and also booked the ghost train, which meant we got on all the big rides with ease and minimal wait, we spent 7hrs in the park and went on 7 rides and could have fitted in an 8th had we wanted. For 2 of us with parking it cost £157 plus food and drink, which wasn’t bad value for a great day out.

Hi there!

Thank you for leaving us a 4* review here at THORPE PARK Resort!

Apologies for the long queues around the park on the day.

Despite this, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our rides and had a great day out on the island.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Absolutely terrible, the queues were so long that even though we were there all day we only had time for 1 ride, which we waited almost 3 hours for. We also queued over an hour just to get in to the park. All the fast track tickets were sold out too.
Stealth broke down after we waited an hour in the queue for it and then when we left to go and try another ride as we didn’t know how long it would take to fix stealth the queue for the swarm and all other big rides were about 2 hours long when there was only an hour and a half till the park shut.
In addition to this rides were being set off half full (because of social distancing) however the actual social distancing in queues were never monitored.

As you have to pre book tickets online I don’t understand how the park can allow that many people in during the covid period and expect there to be social distancing? I have never ever seen a theme park that full in my life. My partner and I spent about £60 to go on one ride!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here at THORPE PARK Resort.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your trip to the island. Apologies that it felt too busy and the queues were long. I can assure you that we are operating under a reduced capacity. Currently, we have a number of additional health and safety measures in place around the park. This includes temperature checks upon entering the park, which when combined with bag checks can cause delay when arriving. We also regularly clean our rides and social distance between riders on the rides which can cause longer queue times for rides too. We are sorry that this meant you spent 3 hours queueing for one ride. We do have markers in all of our queues to allow for social distancing and our staff do enforce this. We do apologise that it did not seem this way on the day.

Apologies that FastTrack was sold out on the day. Due to the reduced capacity the park is currently running under, our FastTrack is on a very reduced capacity. This means it can sell out quickly.

We do apologise that Stealth closed on your visit. We would only close a ride if it was in the best interests of our guests and our ride technicians would be working hard to get this back up and running as soon as it is safe to do so.

If you would like to discuss you day further, please send us an email (customer.services@thorpe-park.co.uk) stating your case number (7326798).

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Complete waste of time paid £185 for 5 people, it took an hour and 10 mins to get in joined a long snaking queue just to get to the front gate. it was 12.25 when we first got on the first ride the swarm . Every top ride was over an hour wait the place was to overcrowded you could tell that by just being outside in the queue 9.45. So thanks Thorpe park for mugging me off for £185 for around 6 minutes of ride time .

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here at THORPE PARK Resort.

We are sorry that you were disappointed with your day on the island and that it seemed to busy and there were long queues. I can assure you that we are operating on a reduced capacity. We currently have a number of additional health and safety measures in place around the park, including regular ride cleaning and social distancing between riders on rides, these can cause longer queues to build. On the way in, to ensure the safety of our guests we carry our bag and temperature checks, this can lead to a queue forming at the entrance of the park too. Apologies that you felt the tickets were over priced.

If you would like to discuss you day further, please send us an email (customer.services@thorpe-park.co.uk) stating your case number (7326756).