All reviews daily excursions ham restored farmhouse bruschetta san gimignano sleep rome trips
Reviewed 22 September 2017

When I travel, the things I prioritize are location, good food, "down home" hospitality and value - all equally important. For me, Albergo la Foresteria rates a "5" on all. Business took me to Sinalunga - I made reservations for additional time in Florence but wish I had used La Foresteria as my base for day trips out to surrounding areas. We arrived late from Rome (4:00 am), and Raphaelo graciously met us so we could get to our rooms and sleep. This is a family owned and run B&B / Hotel. The rooms are part of a completely new structure next to the restored farm house and building - there are also separate cottages. Each morning, we were greeted with delicious fresh baked pastries cooked on site in a wood fired oven (this is truly an art form), Raphaelo's omelette (eggs and spicy salami), juices and of course cappuccino. On our return, we were treated to fresh baked bread, homemade pastas (ravioli with chard and cheese, spaghetti with olives), bruschetta, eggplant parmesan, and the best pizza we had in Italy. In fact, this was the best food we had the entire trip (Rome-Sinalunga-Florence). Short day trips by auto from La Foresteria are easy - Cortona @ 20 minutes (a favorite), Florence @ 90 minutes (beware of parking costs in historic Florence - 30-60 euro / 8 hours, consider a driver), Siena @ 60 minutes, San Gimignano @ 90 minutes, Montepulciano @ 25 minutes. Also, there are several cool vineyards and good restaurants in the area. My next trip to Tuscany (2018) will be based from Albergo la Foresteria. Molto bene!

Room Tip: In the morning,check with staff (Mario speaks English) to confirm which meals will be served each day.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2017

What a perfect centralized location for daily excursions!
Breakfast is special and lunch/dinners are exceptional!!
Nice classical architecture with clean and inviting rooms!
This family run villa treats you better than family!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Friendly staff, good food in the restaurant and very relaxed atmosphere. We came there because of the Tesla charger, and the hotel was very conveniently placed not too far from the road.

Albeit a late arrival, we got very good service in the restaurant, with lovely homemade food. But the grand finale was the breakfast the day when we left. We asked if we could have our breakfast on the lawn, since our room was on the ground floor. The staff whipped up a white table cloth, and set a very nice table under a parasol. We collected a few things from the buffet inside, and then we got both cheese, ham, eggs served at the table. Great service, and very friendly atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I stayed here with my family , unfortunately just for our last night during the Easter weekend. We slept in a very nice and clean cottage: comfy bed and plenty of space. But the real surprise was breakfast! Although there is a great choice of cakes and biscuits, just do not be shy and ask also for the "savoury" breakfast: we were given eggs, ham, bruschette with fresh cheese and tasty tomatoes. Really special. The owners are very nice and friendly. We also bought some home-made biscuits as a souvenir. Should we ever come back to Tuscany (which is very likely) we already know where we can stay!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

when you want to absorb yourself in the Tuscan lifestyle , this is it. This hotel will welcome you ,like you are part of their family. Centrally located not to far off a highway that can bring you places like Siena and Florence on day trips. Then come back, and enjoy their amazing food . You will want to take "Mina" home with you! Casual dining , super clean. I'll come back again for sure. Loved this place!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends