“Glow Worm Kayak adventure”

The Boatshed Kayaks
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: the Boatshed Kayaks,was set up by Richard Clark in 2000, on his property on the edge of Lake Karapiro. We offer a number of different kayaking and stand up paddle board options from our great waterfalls trip to our evening glow worm experience, just flick through our website to get a better idea for whats available. Lake Karapiro offers an exellent venue with sheltered waters and 15 km of lake to explore. making it a safe and beautiful environment to try something new. our guides and instructors are fully qualified in both flat water and graded river paddleing so if your wanting to explore some of the lower sections of the waikato river between cambridge and hamilton youll be in safe hands. The Boatshed kayaks is also involved in multisport training and hire and has been training grade 2 paddlers for over 8 years, with a huge number of paddlers experiencing their introduction to kayaking through The Boatshed.The ethos at the Boatshed has always been on getting people out there paddling, young and old, and therefore growing kayaking as a sport or recreational activity.
Reviewed 3 April 2017

A thoroughly enjoyable experience. The guides were were patient and accommodating for all on the trip. Our guides knowledge of the area, glow worms and wild life was really good. Sorry I cant remember his name (T-something - sorry) The canopy of glow worms on our way back down was just magical, and that alone makes it worth while doing. Very beautiful. I would have liked to have seen an alternative non alcoholic beverage offered. Like juice or something. The camp fire was a perfect opportunity for introductions and getting to know and involve people (tourists especially) that was not utilised. Just my feed back. However this is a trip well worth doing.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My first trip to the Boat Shed kayaking adventure and I brought overseas guests ... what a fantastic experience! My guests loved it and I was blown away.. amazing surreal experience.

I wish I could remember the 2 young guides names so I could thank them personally on this forum (they worked the night of the 22/3) .. they were so professional and made sure we felt safe and enjoyed the experience.. true assets to the company and great young Ambassadors for New Zealand

Thank you to the Boatshed Kayak team for a wonderful evening

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This kayaking venture was an easy paddle, fun and absolutely beautiful. The guides were encouraging, competent and knowledgable and made it a must-do, and definitely a must-recommend. Whether you are a local or a tourist, give this one a go. Fabulous

Reviewed 13 February 2017

My partner and I enjoyed a surreal experience chasing waterfalls on the lake, accessible only by kayak. Before setting off on our adventure, we were given a map, life jackets and later prepped by a friendly instructor. It was a very peaceful one of a kind experience and we would definitely do it again!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We did this last night / evening, me and my partner. A group of 10 or 2 duo kayaks. You don't actually get onto the water by the Boatshed, you drive elsewhere. We got briefed before we went out. It's an easy trip really and we got to the spot where we get some snack and wine and rest for a bit. It was there that we realized where we will get to see them. I won't say much about this, except for the fact it was absolutely incredible, magical and worth a repeat trip (as we already thought of that). The team at Boatshed did great! I'd love to go back. Best glow worm experience ever, I easily dare to say skip Waitomo and do this instead. Oh, and best do it on a dark night (not a full moon).