Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
PatMacnz64
Omokoroa Beach, New Zealand

Not a Motel

Review of No. 1 Motels
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Mar 2023
The Motel is not what I would call a motel more like a Hostel or a Backpackers, not all rooms have their own bathroom there are shared bathrooms and a community kitchen and tables and chairs on a balconey. Our room had an ensuite as we paid extra for it, the room was clean thanks to housekeeping and the bed was comfortable and the shower had good water pressure. Carparking was tight especially as some people dont know how to fit into their own car park bay. There was no sign of recycling. Check in was pleasant and friendly but the biggest disappointment was the noise as walls are thin and other guests walking down the hallway are inconsiderate and loud. We booked 2 nights but left after one as it was too noisey and there was not much privacy Dont stay in room 10 as your window looks out onto the kitchen balaconey and you need to keep your blind shut to experience privacy also room 10 shares its wall with the community kitchen which is loud. Location id good so that is worth 5 stars but overall its a 3 for us. Its probaly okay for a 1 night stay but dont expect too much there are other places to stay in town for more money. We wouldnt stay here again or reccommend i.
Date of stay: February 2023
Room Tip: Get there early to park your car and then walk around the town dont drive its more convenient....
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Priceline
5.5 km from No. 1 Motels
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Cambridge
All reviews tables and chairs room was clean other guests one night stay there again ensuite noise accommodation hallway cafes stopover
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2023 via mobile

This place is not up to standard. On arrival, I was told to go upstairs. The communal areas have a terrrible aroma and carpets are filthy. I’ve actually stayed in better hostels. It seems that this place might also be used for emergency housing. It was hectic, dark and very sketchy. The manager refused to give me my money back for me to cancel and did not accept that I was cancelling due to the poor standard and not because I had found elsewhere. They are very dishonest and couldn’t even take the call from Expedia in front of me and instead had to disappear to speak to them. Very unprofessional people. When, I said that he had the opportunity to do the right thing and agree to a refund, he flatly refused and said he didn’t care if he got a bad review. Never come across such arrogance. Even if they were giving the rooms away free, i wouldn’t recommend staying there.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2022

Stopped for the one night while passing through Cambridge. It was not expensive, handy on main road & free parking out the back. Wasn't 5 star but clean shared bathroom & beds comfortable. Suited us well for a stopover sleep. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 7 September 2022 via mobile

Booked at last minute, budget hotel with no frills. Was initially worried about the location on the main road but my room was at the rear of the property and was quiet.
Room was a bit depressing as the window was tiny but it was warm and clean.
Walking distance to town and right opposite Good George pub which was handy.
Off street parking around the back and takeaways and cafes on the door step.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2020

I had organised a large group to stay here, booked well in advance when there were more than enough rooms to accommodate all our requirements. Not sure how, but suspect they were not monitoring the online bookings against the direct, we turned up on a very busy weekend to find they had completely mucked up our booking and given our room away. We accept mistakes can happen! But, there was no apology or any effort at all to try and repatriate us to another motel

Hopeless!

Room tip: Very low budget
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 12 July 2020

This should really not be called a motel. It is more like a hostel and it is too expensive for what is offered. Only positive thing I can say is the location. The rooms are poorly decorated, There is a huge communal kitchen, but I hardly dared to touch something. I would never ever go here again. I mentioned the price already, and to be honest, it was one of the cheaper options for Cambridge, but I paid $118 dollar a night, and this was not worth it. It it would have been a budget motel studio, it would have been ok, but as it was actually just a room with no real comfortable chairs or other facilities, it was way over prized. No, I dont recommend this place.

Date of stay: June 2020