“Perfect Relaxation”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

PGritty
Little Elm, Texas
“Perfect Relaxation”
Reviewed 18 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

This is our second trip to Driftwood in 6 months. We went in December for my wife's birthday and then again here in June to unwind after our vow renewal. Driftwood is perfect! Not only did I fall in love with the grounds and amenities but also the staff. Marie and Stacy are nothing short of excellent, and consistent. We brought our 2 daughters, Mother, Father, and Mother-in-law for a day. Not only was everyone comfortable, but they were all in awe. Kids loved the pool and my father said "I could get used to this". I have gotten used to it! Driftwood is perfect relaxation, even got a chance to meet the owner and he is a very nice and charming guy and gave us a very warm welcome. Only reason I wouldn't recommend Driftwood is because I don't want it booked when it's time for my wife and I to return! Highly recommended. Thanks to the team at Driftwood, Owner, and Jamaica Escapes for hitting yet another home run (This is our 6th trip with them and every one has been perfect)!

7 Aug 2018
Peter, thankyou for your kind words. We are So Please that you returned to Driftwood and that you and your family enjoyed their time there. Marie and her crew love it when you and Akilah are there and they were very happy to meet your family. Jamaica Escapes is Always happy to hear from you...until next time!
JustinR22...
“Perfect vacation”
Reviewed 2 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Driftwood is perfect. There is nothing I didn't love about the property, staff, and location. It's not close to the center of Treasure Beach, which makes it seem as if you are all alone on your private island. The staff is amazing and cooked spectacular meals for us twice a day. I couldn't have asked for a better place to miss a giant blizzard at.

Your age range 35-49
3 May 2018
Justin - We are so happy to hear that you love Driftwood as much as we do and that your stay was everything you needed. Sorry for our delay in response, we hope to hear from you again in the future. :)
Suzanne O
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
“Lovely Getaway!”
Reviewed 8 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband, 3 children and I stayed at the Driftwood this summer - end of July/early August 2016 (children ages: 20, 18 and 16).

The property is lovely, definitely "off the beaten track" and exactly what we needed to relax and reconnect! The drive from Montego Bay airport is not for the fragile - it takes time (2.5-3 hours) and the roads are somewhat haphazard. Make certain you have a reputable driver. I would suggest stopping at the MegaMart prior to heading off to Treasure Beach, here you can pick up anything from sunscreen to wine. as you cannot find lots of familiar items once you get to Treasure Beach. Have your driver stop at one of the roadside jerk stands too - jerk chicken, jerk pork and festival - it is amazing, you will not be disappointed!

The property is cozy and comfortable, however please note there is currently no A/C.
My understanding is that the owner plans on adding this very soon.
The property staff is wonderful - genuine and kind - Marie, Wendy and ODain will take good care of you. Marie keeps things at the villa running smoothly, she takes pride in caring for the villa and more importantly the guests. These ladies know how to cook and make some of the tastiest meals - we had breakfast all but one morning and we had dinner about 4 evenings at home. You can plan your meals ahead or discuss options with Marie once you arrive, she is very flexible. Marie will make certain you always have clean towels for the bathrooms and pool - we thoroughly enjoyed the pool.

The location and layout of the villa are great, you are able to walk to several swimming coves, a large beach with a tiki bar/restaurant (the Lobster Pot) - cold Red Stripe. We also took a walk to Smurfs cafe for breakfast - it was a bit of a walk, but enjoyable strolling along the coast.

Definitely get to Jake's for dinner - the atmosphere is charming and the service and food was outstanding! You will need transportation, you cannot walk everywhere and you will want to see Treasure Beach. Go to Eggy's bar - love this place - sit and watch the fishing boats come in, great food and drinks.

Contact Captain Joseph if you are traveling to TB - he can arrange airport/local transportation and definitely book the Kingfish cookout/Pelican Bar with him. What a fabulous day - this was a family favorite! Also, try the Jamaican meat patties - OMG - the beef was spectacular - full of flavor. If you get to Black River there is a bakery there, you can buy them piping hot and fresh from the oven.

Treasure Beach is one word = peaceful.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
8 Sep 2016
Suzanne - again I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed Driftwood, even with the initial hiccup! ;) Marie, Wendy and Odain say hello and that they enjoyed you visiting the property.

Tiverton House, LLC looks forward to hearing from you in the future the next time you choose to visit Jamaica. -Nicole
SisterVac...
Fort Macleod, Canada
“Heaven on earth!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We went to Jamaica for our sister's wedding. Lots of advanced planning and searching for the right property was done but you never really know what it's going to be like. None of us had ever rented a house, only hotels or all-inclusive resorts so this was a new experience. Nicole got back to me usually within the same day and had lots of info and answered my questions and made me comfortable with our decision. The Driftwood was truly an amazing experience. It is definitely off the beaten trail and very secluded. We arrived after 9 pm and so we couldn't see the ocean but could hear it and knew it was close!! The view is stunning and the sound of the ocean so relaxing!! There were 3 people there to take care of us. Marie our cook was amazing and extremely flexible in whatever we needed and pampered us all! Wendy was her helper and O'Dane took care of the pool and outside area. My sister says the food was phenomenal and she loved it all!! Some of us had some trouble with it, but that's because of our tastes (we don't really like fish, and we agreed to what she could cook, so it was our own fault, lol) We had jerk chicken or fried chicken in multiple places but Marie's was the best hands down!! We didn't do AC as it was quite a bit more money but had no trouble sleeping. There were two beaches right close to the house and the ocean was so fun. The yard is breathtaking with palm trees, 2 thatch hut sitting areas, hammock, and lovely pool, and the sunsets are fabulous!! A wonderful place to vacation and unwind from the everyday stress of work etc. Wifi was great. There were geckos to clean up the bugs that made their way inside but were fairly elusive and only came out if we were still and quiet. We rented a van and had a couple of us with a taxi/shuttle so we could follow them to the driftwood the first night. We would have never made it there without getting extremely lost. We hired a driver take us around for a couple of days, and that was great. We loved Kevin from treasuretoursjamaica.com but we found him when we rented scooters!! The hardest part about driving is directions and the potholes!! There are hardly any signs for directions and they know every hill and corner so its "at the top of the hill go right and after the sugar cane field take your second left". They honk all the time, but it's to let you know they're passing or coming around the corner, or going by someone's house that they know. Overall an amazing vacation in Treasure Beach, Jamaica. We totally loved the Driftwood!! Ya mon!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!! It was amazing!
Liked least: very few signs, tons of potholes
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Krizstyli...
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Relaxing, Rejuvenating w/ a Few areas for Improvement”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Ah, the time has come for me to write a review on a property we paid a nice hefty chunk of change to stay in. We wanted something private and totally ours, with a nice pool and Driftwood did not disappoint. Although there were a few let downs, but the purpose of our vacation was served. We came back to the city feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on our lives. Below I have broken out my review into Pros and Cons. Hopefully I remember to cover everything!

A quick note, my fiancé and I were recently engaged right before this trip so we were really wanting to spend quality time doing absolutely NOTHING! And we did just that. =)

We stayed 9 days and 8 nights.

Pro's:
-Hands down the top pro of Driftwood is Marie. She is your cook, your friend, your knowledgeable caretaker. I can't believe how sad I was to leave HER and not necessarily Driftwood. I still want that Lobster dish recipe! By far and away she went out of her way. Even took us to the local grocery when we wanted to go. We hired a car and off we went. She brought her dog over when I was missing my fur baby back home! She worked well with our schedule and we tried not to keep her late and give her time off in between.
-Food: Everything Marie made was DELICIOUS AND if she saw you loved something, she'd surprise you with it later on in the week. There is also a grill for US to use if we wished but...more on that later.
-Location - You can't pick a nicer more relaxing spot. The pool is amazing, the house is beautiful and just big enough that you won't get lost but you won't feel caved in either. The wide doors are wonderful to leave open (Close them at night though...BATS!)
-Quiet, the entire neighborhood is quiet. Do not be scared when your car pulls up to the back of Driftwood and you can't see the sea...trust me, it's there. I was petrified for all of 2 seconds. Rest still your beating hearts.
-There is a TV and Wifi, that was a plus for us because every night we wanted to stay in and binge watch Netflix shows we never have the time to watch when working. However, the wifi isn't strong enough to reach the bedroom TV so we had to move it to the living room and they would do well to get better speakers for the TV as it was very very low. But it's fine if you don't care too much to watch movies/shows.
-The pool is AMAZING. When it is cleaned (More on that later). It was everything I'd hoped for and more.
-The nice little spots for reading, napping or just watching/listening to the ocean. There are SO many spots I can't even tell you...have fun using them all!
-I never read this in any reviews so I definitely want to include the fact that Marie took our clothes and washed them! She hung them to dry and they were perfect again! Next time I will only bring half of what I think I need. You could totally get by on a carry on here. I don't think we ever dressed up!
-The bed is super comfy and you won't be disappointed. There are also ceiling fans in every room however even with the ceiling fan and the standing fans (we brought in ALL THREE from each bedroom since we were only staying in one) it was HOT. They would do well to include an air conditioner in at the very least the bedroom. We were sweating like crazy people.
-Last but not least is the tranquility. I can't say enough good things about just the spirit of the place. I don't think anyone COULD have a bad time here. A few times we were taken aback by things that happened but its just such a wonderful VIBE that ...it was still by far one of the most relaxing vacations we've ever been on.

Cons:
-We were told it was a private location but halfway into our stay the caretaker (Odane or Bounty) brought his girlfriend to stay with him. We would look out our window to see them lounging and making out and suddenly it felt like we were sharing a resort with another couple. It was awkward.
-I woke up to swim one morning and found that the pool hadn't been cleaned. I mean, bugs everywhere and dust it was so bad I didn't want to get in. When I went to get Bounty to clean it...he wasn't there. He is supposed to clean the pool every day but most days he was gone. We had no caretaker. Marie was watering the plants and maintaining both the household work along with outside. I felt utterly awful for her and bummed that an entire day we paid for was wasted because Bounty hadn't cleaned the pool.
-Management, management knew about these issues and I wrote about them in the journal. No one reached out with even an apology. I found that to be sad as the place held such a special meaning to us and we did have a great time.
-The 3 hour car ride to the location, HORRIBLE. Our drivers car was very very old. My fiancé is 6'5 and he had no room to move. It was hot and he had no air conditioning. The whole trip was just awful. If I had been told in advance that we were paying one hundred and thirty for that, I would've spent the extra twenty to get a private van to take us. (Yes this is both ways) it is a very costly drive at three hundred total for both ways.
-Lastly, we needed a certain type of water for a medical condition. I emailed asking Tiverton for this months ahead of time and reminded them as we closed in on the date. Needless to say, the water wasn't to be had and we checked the grocery. It wasn't there either. Had this been told to us we would've brought it. He was without his medical machine the entire trip which left him very restless and sleepless at night.
-Last but not least...a lot of the lounge furniture from outside could stand to be replaced. If not replaced then sewn up etc. Some of it is falling apart.

Alas, the trip was every thing. There are ample towels, storage and always a smiling face from Marie. I hope you enjoy and add to the journal of Driftwood. Tell Marie I miss her!

Feel free to email with any questions!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and Marie!
Liked least: The caretaker didn't take care of much.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
18 Oct 2015
Hello Kristen,

Thank you so much for you details and honest review, I will certainly pass it along to the owner who I am assuming you are referring to "the management" you said never responded to the need of the pool not being cleaned. Did you ask Marie to contact him and/or ask her to speak to Odane or Bounty about care for the pool and the girlfriend?

I wish you would have emailed or texted me (Tiverton House) for I said to contact me if there was any issues, I meant it. I would have made sure that the pool was cleaned And made sure that the caretakers girlfriend who is Not Suppose to be there when guests are there left. I am very sorry about those two parts of your trip, which are unacceptable and we would have fixed those issues ASAP. Again, I'm sorry.

As for the distilled water, Marie was not going to be able to get it in Black River and I did contact MegaMart in Montego Bay to see if they carried distilled water and they usually do. I'm sorry it was not available, I did everything I could on my end to find a location where it could be purchased. We have had other guests that have needed distilled water and this is where they purchased it, MegaMart did run out on one guest during their stay, which can happen, but they told me boiled water and let it cool when this occurred. I'm sorry that what I said would be available wasn't I felt pretty confident when I told you MegaMart Carried it would be on the shelves.

I'm also very sorry about the condition of the car your driver had, I will follow up with him to see why he was not using his better car. US$135 for two passenger is the fee for a car transport. Cars in Jamaica are mostly compact, if I would have known that your fiancé was 6'5" I would have suggested the use of a van, which does cost more (typically the lowest fair is US$165 each way based on the number of passengers).

I am happy to hear that the Pro's of the trip over all outweighed the Con's...Marie is wonderful, we/Tiverton House have known her for years and she is certainly The Star of the property/experience. The view is pretty spectacular as well. I remember the bed being comfy (my husband and I stayed in the master bedroom when he was offering a holistic retreat in TB years ago (before there was the pool).

When I asked if the internet could be reached in the bedroom, I was told that it could, sorry it was not strong enough, that is where I envisioned you watching your movies. I am sorry about all of your Con's we strive to make every one of our guests happy -- the most glaring that will be followed up on ASAP is the lack of privacy (we have never heard of this happening her before) and the lackadaisical care for the grounds and pool...not acceptable.

Again, I am sorry about the con's of your trip, but I am really glad that there were lovely parts that made it an overall good experience.

Kindest regards,
Nicole
Tiverton House Manager
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing