1,578 results
All reviews golf course pool area fine dining great weather nice food minute drive fantastic views nice room same level large terrace three levels spacious bathroom beautiful grounds location makes hotel restaurant sanary sur mer pools
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is nearly the best hotel I've ever been it has 5 swimming pools the breakfast is amazing they told us to Change rooms but the manager told us he would offer us a dinner at the hotel there is golf court and a tennis court there this hotel includes bastides and rooms

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
PierreSancho, Directeur général at Dolce Fregate Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear SarahTenice,
Thank you very much for taking some of your time to share your laudatory opinion about the Dolce Fregate Provence after your Summer stay.
I can read that you really enjoyed our resort particularly the several outdoors pools and once again, I would like to thank you for accepting our offer to modify your reservation.
Looking forward to welcome you again.
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I will start with the pros:
- friendly & helpful staff
- good food
- golf is excellent (must reserve)
- there are many pools: for kids, for adults, for swimming... and tennis
- bungalows provide simple amenities and are comfortable

the cons:
- difficult to access if you don't have a car, so rent one
- not all rooms are equal: some bungalows are laid out much better than others.
- our shower was flooding the bathroom
- moving around with older people who cannot walk very well can be hard

Overall we loved our stay and wish we did some activites around the vineyards. Hopefully will be back

Room Tip: Bungalow rooms are much nicer but not all the same.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank al3xh4

Dear Guest, dear Al3xh4,
First of all, I would like to express my sincere thanks for your kind message and recommendation after your stay at Dolce Fregate Provence this Summer.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed the golf, the food, the resort facilities and the Team, I have also taken due note of your comments concerning the Bastides rooms and I can confirm that we will be able to propose an appropriate bungalow to host your family (older people) for your next stay with us.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon again to Provence.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, good customer service and great food but it's not easy to get to the town or station.

If you do want to leave the hotel and venture out be prepared to pay extortionate prices for the taxi they use. I believe her name is Celine and charges 33€ for a 5 minute drive to the station, if you get the list of taxi numbers from the train station the same journey will cost you 14€. In fact, you can get a taxi to Toulon (25/30minute journey) with them for 45€ which puts Celine to shame.

She also says she can charge it to your room "but I would rather you paid me directly" which is fair enough. However, if you don't come across a cash point on your trip out she will shut the door on you as you try to get out the taxi and tell you she wanted cash. (This actually happened to me and my friend). This really put a dampener on what was, otherwise, a perfectly pleasant holiday.

I would recommend hiring a car or something if you do want to explore the town or anywhere outside of the hotel complex.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
PierreSancho, Directeur général at Dolce Fregate Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Kate D,
I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your thoughts after your stay in Dolce Fregate Provence.
I appreciate particularly your satisfaction about the hotel, and especially concerning the service. The whole team of the hotel is glad and proud of your nice stay.
About the taxi service you describe, we have taken due note of your comments, but this name is not part of the taxi team we work with, anyway I apologize for this experience you have undergone.
Hoping you will decide to make a new stay with us,
Best regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My boyfriend chose this hotel and I couldn't have been more pleased. It was a beautiful place, light and open, with interesting details in the rooms. I had a room on the same level as the lobby overlooking the pools and golf courses. Very private balcony with a nice circular table and chairs that invited us to sit. We had dinner out there.

The bathroom was also very nice and had space for candles by the tub. The bed was divine, especially with the amazing view we had from the bed that was on a higher level than the balcony.

Now, let me tell you about those pools!! WOW! Deep infinity pools with shelves to lounge on, it was a paradise. No children were in those deep pools. The indoor pool wasn't bad, but paled in comparison. Children hung around there, so it was a good separation. The jacuzzi was a bit small and only held one couple at a time comfortably.

Breakfast was wonderful and filling for both the meat eater (me) and the vegetarian (him).

I took off 1 star because of service. Not long after settling into the room, a staff member opened the door and let themselves in without knocking. This was to deliver some complimentary water bottles, but it was still startling to have someone barge in on you.

The second had to do with room service. We called and called and called for about 30 mins trying to get someone to answer. The receptionist/front desk transferred us a couple time to the unanswered line, before I got fed up and started calling the front desk back until they got us a human being. It was nice of the front desk to help us in the end, but frustrating to be calling without an answer when hungry!

Room Tip: Pay for the view. It is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
PierreSancho, Directeur général at Dolce Fregate Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest, Dear EbonyTraveller,
I am very pleased to read your satisfaction and compliment about the hotel and particularly about the outdoor pools, the room and the view. Your comment is a real gratification and we sincerely thank you to also express the point to be improved.
Please accept my most sincere apologize for the inconvenience caused with the room-service and be assured of our constant involvement in your satisfaction.
All the Dolce Fregate team joins me to express our wish to see you again as soon as possible for another pleasant stay in Provence.
Pierre Sancho,

Reviewed 22 June 2017

In our twenty-two years of RCI participation, we have had a few winners....and a few "experiences". Dolce Fregate Provence was definitely in the winner category. We had previously visited the area around Bandol, so we already knew that this would be a positive adventure.

Our unit had one bedroom with two bath areas - one with shower and the other with a much appreciated tub. The kitchen area was small but adequate for our needs. A TV, located in the sitting area as well as one in the bedroom, was also enjoyable. However, the view was the most spectacular part of the stay. Our large terrace looked out over the golf course, the vineyards and the Mediterranean in the distance.

The staff was efficient and responsive to our requests. The attached parking garage was a necessity for our rental car. When we first arrived there were few guests, so we almost felt that we had the resort to ourselves. The weather was also very accommodating.

We headed out each day for a different travel destination. My husband found a little patisserie nearby for breakfast essentials before starting our journey. We drove from little Aigues-Mortes to our west and to entertaining Monaco to our east. We usually returned in time for a beautiful sunset at Dolce Fregate. Although we never had the time to eat at the resort, we did manage a tour of Domaine De Fregate. Its location on the premises led to the purchase of several bottles of wine.

Were there enough superlatives in my review? Yes, we enjoyed our stay at Dolce Fregate Provence! We would definitely encourage our friends to stay there as well.

Room Tip: We were pleased with our third floor location.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindalou104
PierreSancho, Directeur général at Dolce Fregate Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Lindalou104, cher Hôte,
First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your very positive opinion on this website after your “RCI winner” stay in our Provence Resort.
I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed the Dolce Frégate Provence, from the fully equipped apartment to the magnificent sunset and the service of our team dedicated to fulfill your expectations.
I hope to see you soon for another South of France Art de Vivre stay at the Dolce Frégate Provence, and it will be with great pleasure that we will recommend other places to discover between Gordes and Nice.
Sincerely Yours,