1,575 results
All reviews golf course pool area fine dining nice food great weather minute drive fantastic views nice room same level large terrace three levels spacious bathroom beautiful grounds location makes hotel restaurant sanary sur mer pools
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Have y ever seen a 4 stars resort style hotel, where the bar is closed , the brasserie is closed at 7pm? Where in the meantime there is a party at the fonction room...using the staff.
Only in France..
Imagine an honeymooner looking for champagne?... wrong place!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
PierreSancho, Directeur général at Dolce Fregate Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Guest, dear Luckson,
Thank you very much to take some of your time to share your opinion with us after your stay at the Dolce Frégate Provence.
I would to express my most sincere apologies for the exceptional closing of the Bar and the Club-house during your last visit.
As you wrote, this is really unusual and we have already found a solution to avoid reccurence of such nuisance.
Looking forward to welcome you again, I can assure you of our best endeavour to make your next stay a most agreeable one.
Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Staff friendly and efficient.Lovely room with a large terrace and spacious bathroom.Breakfast very good. Food expensive but you are in a golf resort with a splendid location.Bandol close enough to drive to for dinner.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Dunnsdale,
Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to let us know you opinion for which we would first like to thank you as your comments help us to improve our services.
We have taken due note of your positive comments concerning our Golf Resort which are our best reward, and hope that you had great pleasure in the numerous restaurants that we recommend around Bandol and other Provence villages nearby.
We hope to welcome you again soon to the Dolce Frégate Provence.
Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 26 May 2017

First, if you have no car, too far from anything. The grounds are great as is the pool but the rooms are not 4 star. I have stayed 3-4 times, always with the children, who love the pool area. Breakfast is an OK buffet but probably overpriced. The size of the halls and various levels can be confusing. Don't expect a lively bar in the evening. I always went out in the evenings. But ..... with all the problems, I still like this hotel, even if it is probably overpriced. Never tried room service so no comment here. There is a convenient place to eat lunch next to the pool. Food is OK but not fantastic. I find the hotel is a good place to retreat to and spend the days by the pool and then go out at night. Hotel can arrange a local babysitter for you, but the charge is not cheap.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea or pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin B
PierreSancho, Directeur général at Dolce Fregate Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Kevin B,
First of all, I would like to express my most sincere thanks for your loyalty with your children to the Dolce Fregate Provence.
Your honest comment is important for us as we understand better your expectations, and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming soon again to Bandol in the future, I hope that we will have the opportunity to meet together.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The title of my review might no apply if you are a golfer. However if you are not then this place might not be the right one for you.
Let's start with the positive points: We had a apartment and the view from 8th floor was absolutely stunning. The apartment was quite big and well equipped, you had nearly everything you needed in the kitchen to cook (spatula missing ;)), wifi flawless, the bed was big and comfy, everything was clean (our cleaning lady Adriana was great)
The negative points: Staff a bit condescending, we knew that it was between two town, but it got more on our nerves than we thought it would, especially as the paths around there are really quite stony so it's proper hiking, the indoor pool is heated but still really quite cold (especially with a baby) and what bugged us most is that the whole place just really needs some TLC, I am sure it used to be great but it needs a new coat of paint (which to be fair they are doing in some places). Paying 250 Euros a night you expect a bit more. And 25 Euros for breakfast is just crazy. We never had it but went to a wonderful bakery just 500 metres down the road towards Bagnol.
If the prices were a bit lower I would give it a very good, but you don't get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Floor 8 for the view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
PierreSancho, Directeur général at Dolce Fregate Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Laurence 26,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your honest point of view about your stay at Dolce Fregate Provence.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your fully equipped apartment and please accept my sincere apologize as your experience was not been fully up to your expectations.
Indeed, the hotel is situated in an amazing and stunning place between Bandol and St-Cyr-sur-Mer and therefore it takes a couple of miles (45-90 min walking-treking or only 5 minutes by car) to reach these two villages. Regarding the refurbishment, as you saw during your stay, it is permanently undergoing to improve our service and the equipment.
We hope to see you again in our resort and I will propose you to visit our Bastides Villas recently opened to propose you the best of our service.
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We booked this place at the last minute, and enjoyed a very pleasant night's stay here recently. A very nice room, lovely grounds, very good breakfast, and helpful staff. We'd stay here again. A fairly reasonable price too.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mrukk,
I would like to express my gratitude for choosing the Dolce Fregate Provence for your last minute stay.
I am very glad to read that you fully enjoyed the hotel and the service and also that you intend to come back and visit us again soon in Provence.
Sincerely yours