“Nice, relaxed restaurant but a little overpriced ”
Review of L'effet Boeuf

L'effet Boeuf
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Bethune
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The staff were great. Very friendly and coped well with a party of ten. The steaks were all cooked as requested. It’s not easy to get a blue steak but they managed to deliver it. Meat is really all they do, but it has to be said that not everyone’s steak was as tender as it should have been for the price.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

My favourite meat has always been beef and this restaurant does delicious things to this meat. We were given a basket of bread served with the most delicious rough pork paté to start before choosing our meal. You don't have to have beef but, personally, I think it would be a shame not to experience the main product of the restaurant. We had the dish recommended by the man serving us and we were not disappointed. There were more chips than I could eat and I would have preferred a few sliced potatoes. Not a criticism as I should have asked what was served with the meal. We had a lovely bottle of wine that was also recommended. As I do not have a sweet tooth and had no room for cheese I went straight into a large coffee and cocnac but my partner indulged in a delicious looking brulee. It was not a cheap meal but we were after something good and the restaurant was nicely quiet and the staff friendly.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Does what it says on the tin, serves beef in many ways, raw,steaks and burgers. Friendly service with a good wine selection too.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Doesn't look spanky clean, which combined with a full meat menu is never a good thing. Portions are very generous and the free pate' de canard offered with cournichons is nice, but ultimately the quality of the food is not the one the price commands... 20-30 Euro for a main dish, I would expect something a bit better to be honest!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Very good food. Local dishes. More than worth visiting! If in Bethune defenitely would go back there!

Date of visit: December 2016