“Paradise Found - This is AS GOOD AS IT GETS!”
other travellers have booked this property
Casa Uvita Front Entrance
Nearby Beaches_Whale Marine National Park Chestnut-mandibled Toucan--a daily visitor
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Nearby Beaches_Whale Marine National Park
Chestnut-mandibled Toucan--a daily visitor
Casa Uvita Alarm Clock_Howler Monkey
Sloth outside of living room window
Sloth swinging on front porch at Casa Uvita--not an everyday event!
Slaty-tailed Trogons Male & Female
Spider monkey at Casa Uvita--a rare treat!
Whale's Tail Beach at sunset--just minutes away!
Surfing at Sunset_Marino Ballena Park
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
Annie V
Walnut Creek, California, United States
“Paradise Found - This is AS GOOD AS IT GETS!”
Reviewed 11 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

I spent the most AMAZING week at Casa Uvita this past July. I am a teacher who has lived and worked in Costa Rica (and led many a field trip there with my science students), and so I was really looking for something unique and special that I had not experienced before. Casa Uvita not only met, but far surpassed my expectations. The house itself was absolutely beautiful, with custom woodwork throughout and granite countertops in the kitchen. What I loved the most, however, was the feeling of being in the middle of the rainforest even when I was inside the house! Its "open" construction with upstairs and downstairs balconies gave it the feel of a majestic tree house -- you could practically reach out and touch the wildlife and birds as they went by. I literally was awakened each morning by nearby howler monkeys, toucans, forest falcons, and mealy parrots who were searching for their breakfast. Each evening I went to sleep to the hypnotic sounds of owls, tinamous, and chicharras (cicadas). I experienced world-class birding every morning (slaty-tailed trogons, violaceous trogans, masked & black-crowned titaras, laughing falcons, collared forest falcons, brown-hooded parrots, white-fronted parrots, red-lored parrots, mealy parrots, parakeets too numerous to count, golden hooded tanagers + many other types of tanager, multiple varieties of flycatcher, euphonias, chestnut-billed toucans (they were EVERYWHERE!), fiery-billed aracaris, blue-crowned motmots, pearl kites, manakins, and on and on. I felt like I was living in a national geographic movie! Besides the incredible hiking with outrageous views of the ocean (there also is an ocean view from the house itself), I hiked down to a beautiful waterfall and swam in the waterhole within the forest. Another day I drove to Marino Ballena national park (10 minutes away) and spent an amazing day on its many beaches (the main beach has a great tide for small children -- very safe). On two other days I road-biked along the main road with an ocean view. The house is fairly new, so the accommodations were super clean and comfortable. Carlos the cook/on-site staff person was very kind and helpful, and made wonderful breakfasts and dinners! This was a unforgettable vacation; I certainly will be back for another stay at Casa Uvita next summer. Many thanks to the gracious owners for their incredible knowledge of Costa Rica and its culture, and for sharing tips on fun activities to do while there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved the closeness to nature - hiking, wildlife, beaches, and the sounds of the rainforest.
Liked least: It can get very humid mid-day -- that's when it's time to head to the beach!
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
CA
Reviewed 29 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
CA
Reviewed 15 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers

Costa Rica
Reviewed 7 July 2012 for a stay in January 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing