“Delicious cafe in Cabuya!”
Review of Cafe Nimbu

Cafe Nimbu
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Cabuya
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Description: Our restaurant located in the lovely town of Cabuya. We offer a relaxing and casual dining experience. Whether it's for lunch, or dinner our menu boasts a variety of delicious, homemade specialties and cold beverages. The menu has gluten free and vegan options.
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We went as a group to Cafe Nimbu one night while staying in Cabuya. The food was excellent! Everything from the fresh juices ( I had Coconut, ginger, Pineapple) to the pizza to the falafel was really yummy. I had a pulled pork sandwich on foccacia which was amazing! It had beets and cheese and was done just right. It came served with home-made potato chips and a lovely salad. The prices are really good for the quality of the food. It takes a little while once you order, but the wait is 100% worth it. Finished off the meal with a delicious cookie. Will be back for sure!

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank janandgreg

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Food – really good choices handmade by Chef Vince who has a natural intuition to make you something delicious you didn’t even know you wanted! Lots of healthy and gluten-free options… my favorite is the falafel.

Drinks – delicious cappuccinos and smoothies especially the unique pineapple, coconut, ginger one!

Prices - best value I’ve seen in town… with some items less than half those of nearby similar cafes.

Atmosphere – super impressed with the beautiful hardwood furniture handmade by Vince and overall natural outdoor feel of the restaurant… definitely adds to this cozy dining experience.

People – you’re likely to make friends with the other guests without even trying and definitely with the owners who are exceptionally hospitable… Ana with her local knowledge and beautiful warmth and Vince with his culinary talents and friendly authenticity are a wonderful couple who have built something truly special. Their local background, coupled with a global appreciation, is a rare find... offering conversations in native Spanish, English and French. Not to mention, you’ll likely catch a glimpse of massive eye-opening iguanas and play catch with their awesome dog – Whiskey – who will fearlessly protect you from enormous cows 20 times his size and instantly become your best friend. Honestly, this is my first review ever because I just felt compelled to share with others my new favorite place in Costa Rica!

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank TKTK34
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I loved Cafe Nimbu so much that I became a 'regular' during my 2 month stay in Cabuya. The food was always outstanding and the owners are very friendly and hospitable.

Bonus: Routinely green parrots come to eat at Cafe Nimbu too. Beautiful mango trees ensure the green parrots daily luncheon there. I enjoyed listening and watching them from a table so so close to them :)

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Loved this place since I discovered it a few weeks ago. It's fairly new but I think that it will fast become a favorite spot in Cabuya. Owners Vince and Ana are a married couple filled with youthful energy, charming personality, and delightful conversation. And HEY, the food is great!!!...different, original, and fair priced. I was in Costa Rica for about a month and went there at least 5 times. I tried something different each time and thoroughly enjoyed every meal. I will be back again next year and plan to eat there even more. Delicious and fun! GO!!!

1  Thank JackGH
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

Cafe Nimbu is a gem in Cabuya, a different menu from all the other restaurants in the town. Best mint lemonade ever, delicious fish cakes with a spicy sauce, loved their falafel salad. It was so good, we all fought each other over chicken bruschetta sandwich, which had a great mix of flavors (pesto, sun dried tomatoes). Be sure and pick up some of their baked goods--their macaroons are to die for! Good choices here for vegetarians and for meat lovers. The owners are super nice. Even the music is good!

1  Thank ChatBleuProductions