All reviews cold shower air conditioning reception chill tour wifi beach puerto
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Nice place to stay in Puerto Lopez. I came in off the street so paid more than if I'd booked on a third-party site. Had a private room with bath. Bathroom and bed were clean. I had a balcony overlooking the beach but it was hard to get in and out there since the door wouldn't open all the way. Pretty decent wifi up on the 8th floor. 10-min rickshaw ride to the bus station for trip back to Manta. There are a lot of whale-watching and snorkelling tours you can book right at the hostel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean have great view, of course.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Not to rag on Islotes with a 2 star rating, but I have to be honest. Although they're better than most of the other hostels in Puerto Lopez, that's not saying much for this fishing village. In this price range, the only thing that sets them apart is the terrace with hammocks that smell of B.O. Our rooms, however, were sterilized - note, not clean, sterilized - they had a deep bleach scent that we had to air out by leaving the fan on. The bed was horribly soft and gave me back aches and there was no hot water.
Again, not the worst in town, but by far not the worst. Spend the extra 6$ and go to Itapoa.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Walter F, Gerente at Los Islotes Beach Front Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

We are really sorry for your not very good experience with us!

Thanks for your feedback so we can work to improve that points for the future guests.

Greetings!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Randomly I found this hostel by walking at the beach :) I slept in a dorm for 4 people with private bathroom. And the breakfast was included! Everything was clean and the room was air-conditioned. Only the next day we had no water in some of the bathrooms. But nevertheless it is a really good hostel!
The receptionist told me that there are also tours possible to different islands. I chose the tour to the salango island. It took 3-4 hours and we drove to a small beach with only a few people, did snorkeling, git some food etc. The nature is very impressive and the staff was really friendly and cooperative. Thanl you for 2 beautiful days in Puerto López!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad that your time with us was good!

Greetings!!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

My cousin and I stayed at Hostal Los Islotes for a night in May 2017 for $15/person with included breakfast. We had a private room with air conditioning we could control with a remote, a clean bathroom, and a shelving unit for our backpacks. Nothing special- but clean and spacious.

The only downsides were rock hard pillows, no wifi in the room (but strong on the terrace), and a cold shower.

The location is excellent and there are plenty of restaurants and juice stands nearby, as well as a mini market for snacks/water. I'm vegan and the restaurant a little ways down had vegan items on the menu. They were also painting the hostel when we were there and it really brightened up the place.

Stayed: May 2017
Walter F, Gerente at Los Islotes Beach Front Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Thanks for your feedback!

We are still improving the place, painting and giving it life, fixing the details like the pillows and the trouble with the hot shower, also looking foward to have strong wifi in the rooms.

Soon we are going to open a little bar at the terrace, just for guests!

Greetings

Los Islotes Hostel!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

My parents and I decided to make a small road trip during the weekend and we arrived to Puerto López where we find this hostel, it had everything we needed and we could have not been more satisfied with what we paid, it is okay for short stays.
The staff was very helpful and the food we received was tasty.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

We glad that your familly time here was nice and you enjoy the breakfast and the staff service!

We are looking foward to make a better costumer experience every day.

Thanks for your feedback!