Open today: 9:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Quick early dinner

We booked for 6pm on a Friday evening with the caveat to vacate our table by 8pm. Not a problem... read more

Reviewed 10 December 2018
susaq12
Pencoed, United Kingdom
via mobile
Well worth for it money!

Bar 44 is a lovely tapas bar in Cowbridge, the staff are very helpful they can't be any helpful... read more

Reviewed 25 June 2015
CourtneyE212
Cardiff, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Great atmosphere and great testing food. My favourite dish...dates in bacon! They also have a great selection of spirits.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 24 November 2016

We have visited Bar 44 many times but not for a while. As always started off with a lovely cocktail - I had a raspberry french martini - stunning! We had a large variety of tapas, all of which we really enjoyed. The atmosphere was good, though has become more of a restaurant now than a tapas bar. Lovely bottle of wine.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 6 June 2016

We have visited here a few times and we are always pleased with the standard of food. Unfortunately on two occasions in the last year we were overcharged. A bottle of expensive red wine was added to our bill on both occassions. We mentioned this to the staff and it was obviously removed from our bill but for this to happen twice is very disappointing. We won't be visiting again.

Date of experience: December 2015
2  Thank Nicki T
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Always good for tapas and a glass of bubbly! There are two sister Bar 44's in Penarth & Cardiff, both equally good.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I've been to this bar several times, I have several friends that love coming here but frankly I always come away underwhelmed.

The food is fine.
It's a varied tapas menu, lots of options.
Nothing bad about it, but nothing particularly impressive either. Not sure how often the menu is updated, but I can't say I've noticed it change.

The drinks menu is varied, but again, it's nothing special.
The cocktails are priced at rates I would pay in Cardiff centre, but I find those competing bars have nicer decor and a more original theme.

The restaurant is nice, it's clean and neat. However it lacks style- it looks basic and I don't find it particularly attractive.

The staff are generally good, however always in a rush. It's not a very relaxing setting.

Date of experience: December 2015