“More gluten-free glory”

Verreys Cafe & Kitchen
Ranked #47 of 146 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Description: Cafe with an emphasis on veggie vegan. Licensed and has a peaceful courtyard. Next to the last bank in town - Nationwide, two minutes walk up the High Street from the seafront
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Verreys is a wonderful cafe in Broadstairs. It has a fantastic gluten-free menu of sandwiches, toasties and cakes. Their hot chocolate was superb and they welcome friendly dogs, vegetarians and vegans...! We had a lovely stop off there and would highly recommend!

1  Thank Suzie J

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I write this review as I find. If you are looking for fine dining forget it. If you are looking for good old fashioned food that hits the spot then this is the place. My wife is a vegetarian and Verreys gave her plenty of options, whereas I also had plenty of meat choices. The food was good quality served by friendly staff who also managed to find time for a chat. The café was clean and tidy and the prices reasonable for the food on offer. Will visit again next time we are in Broadstairs.

1  Thank wakey47
DebraJ1539, Owner at Verreys Cafe & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

I Verreys glad you both could find something to enjoy - that's the whole point of our menu - something for everyone to eat without compromise! Look forward to seeing you again soon! Team Verreys

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Lots of choice on the menu for vegetarians and vegans, as well as meat-eaters. The vegan sausage and pancake dish was delicious, and my husband enjoyed his bubble & squeak as well. Great coffee too, and all very reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly, and we chatted about different vegetarian foods with them, the lady at the counter gave me some useful suggestions to try out. So glad to find this place, and will definitely return when we're in the area.

1  Thank sometimesong
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We popped in for a quick lunch, we have never eaten here before but liked the look of the menu. The service was great, the food was delicious, good quality ingredients, good customisable options and a very good selection for gluten free and vegan options which they appear to take very seriously. Plan to try their breakfast next!

DebraJ1539, Owner at Verreys Cafe & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. The gluten free sausages from the local butcher Hazells are amazing! See you Verreys soon!!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Found Verreys through a review of the 10 best cafes in Thanet and they were right. The pancakes were gorgeous and fluffy, more American style than crepes. Bacon rashers were also crisp and lovely. Sausages were plump and fresh, I suspect from the butchers around the corner. Everything was well presented and the owners who were cooking and serving this rainy Sunday morning were gracious and kind.
It is clean and well decorated with Motown music playing at a low volume, colouring books for the kids and delicious coffees, I would happily spend hours here. It is priced in line with the location in Broadstairs and the fresh quality food on offer.
If I were visiting on holiday, I would have every breakfast here. As it is local, I will go again and again. I really want the pancakes with bacon and avocado next time.
Please give it a try if you are in town, this is just the sort of place that deserves success.