“Needs improvement ”

Beach Cove
Ranked #18 of 19 things to do in Hornsea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Exciting new indoor and outdoor adventure play experience that will bring the seaside right into the center of Hornsea Freeport Shopping Center! We have a whole host of treats for you, which includes an outdoor adventure playground featuring a zip wire, bouncing pillow, giant sand pit and an electric car racing track!
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I visited here with my friend and my 2 year old boy. It was during term time so it was quiet. There was plenty for my boy, who really enjoyed it. I noticed there was 4 members of staff who seemed to be sat around talking quite a lot. I ordered a burger which wasn’t brilliant but pricey and my friends bacon sarnie was almost burnt. I was then disgusted at the state of the toilets. There was filthy toilet brushes in view of customers, broken toilet seats, and dust and cobwebs. Surely for hygiene reasons with children they should be at a clean standard. I also found it amazing that the staff were looking bored when there was cleaning that they clearly had time to do.

1  Thank Wendy B

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been a few times before but we went yesterday with 2 X 4 year olds a 6 year old and a 2 year old with developmental delay so she’s not a walker. Firstly, prices had more than doubled compared to the last times we went so for 4 children, it was £18. Secondly, it was freezing, really freezing, you’d think with the price of admission, they’d be able to afford to put some heating on, a few people commented on it. Thirdly, coffee was over priced at £5 for 2 cups. Fourthly (is that a word) the section for the younger ones consisted of a climbing section, onto a slide, into a ball pool, 4 large soft bricks and a pull-along caterpillar, nothing for babies and not much for the under 3’s. The 2 year old was bored and wanted to go into the bigger area, which we did as it was quiet, but she was limited as to what she could go on.
Weather was awful so couldn’t have gone outside and yet still had to pay full price. All in all we were disappointed, but 3 out of the 4 kids had a good time, but there are loads of better, cheaper softplays in the area for next time.

1  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I visited this place in February half term with my friend & 4 kids under 7. Even though it was busy we managed to get a seat. We didn't have lunch there, but we did buy juice, coffee, tea & cakes. It cost £4.50 per child & we thought it was a reasonable price. There was a large indoor play area, with slides, ball pool etc. There was a separate under 4s area & a separate area with ride on tractors etc. They also have a fantastic outside area, but we didn't spend much time out there because it was a very cold day. There is a large trampoline/bouncy area under cover. A sand pit area with water play & a go kart area. There's also a lovely play park area, with zip wire. I'm sure this outside area would be great in summer & was quite spacious. We really loved our trip here & would definitely recommend it. My only complaint would be the temperature in the inside play area...it was freezing! We had to sit with our coats on the whole time we were there!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Firstly we did have a good time here. The indoor play area is a good size, with space for older children, toddlers and an area with a house and cars. The outdoor play area is huge and it was a shame it was a damp day when we visited so we didn't get the maximum benefit. I would imagine that in the holidays it will be really busy here.

The food was good, but I would say just a notch down from comparable sites.

The toilets were clean, with smaller seats provided for smaller bottoms, which is good. There is also a changing table in both the men's as well as the ladies.

The point which we felt let the whole place down was there was nothing to stop children wandering out on their own (or strangers who haven't paid wandering in). Whilst I do understand that my children are my responsibility, it isn't always possible to watch both at the same time all the time. Most play centres have a gate to stop children leaving the site on their own, either operated by a member of staff or something only an adult could manage. We mentioned it to the staff, who said the management have been told (as feedback from others), but nothing has been done. The entry design doesn't lend itself to being converted easily, but anyone who has visited a play centre let alone designed one should have thought this through. If this was rectified then this could go up to four stars and if the food was improved a little then maybe even five stars.

This all said we did have a good time and we would visit again, but would appreciate a little improvement in certainly relating to the safety of the children.